[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving furball's carvings
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
furball's carvings
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-14 3:14 pm   Permalink

Hey guys. I've been in and out a lot but not posting. Also laid off carving my tiki for a few weeks... Christmas business, super cold outside and working on a carving project for my mom. Anyway, here's the most recent progress on my Zabo Tiki. I got a set of 4 Flexcut chisels for Christmas. Man what a difference good tools make.

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG tiki scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 4:31 pm   Permalink

very very cool luvin the "jowels" on tis guy and a hawk and the skull !!!! man you goin all out!!!!! glad to see yah postin again!!! lovin the tree scene to how cool is that!!!! cheerz brah!!!

View Profile of BIG tiki scott Send a personal message to BIG tiki scott  Email BIG tiki scott Goto the website of BIG tiki scott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-14 5:34 pm   Permalink

Nice one man

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
el Stingray
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-15 05:17 am   Permalink

Awesome work furball, love the details, see you embeddin some skulls too:)! I read that you got some new chisels, what kind are you using? And what type of wood is that?

View Profile of el Stingray Send a personal message to el Stingray  Goto the website of el Stingray     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-15 10:42 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. The trees are actually part of a functional piece I am making for my Mom. The Tiki is Douglas Fir and the trees are cedar. Wish I had more cedar logs, sooo nice to carve.

I'm using 4 large Flexcut chisels presently and want some smaller ones for the tight areas. Here's the set I got for Christmas. They cut so clean and easy.

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 1:50 pm   Permalink

Exceptional work Furball! Great depth and detail.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 12:32 pm   Permalink

First,,, Congrats on the Flexcuts,, they will Definitely improve your work, SO We are gonna be looking for more better stuff in the coming few months,,
Second, your Zabo tiki has got some Very Nice details and features, Way to go, just keep up the pressure, Don't let up, push those tikis out!
Excellent stuff for a furball

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-18 08:24 am   Permalink

Thanks Ben. I'm too addicted to stop now and yes, you will be seeing more stuff, especially once the weather clears a little in the spring. I have a couple of 6' Doug Fir logs in the back yard... covered for the winter and waiting for spring. One of the logs is at least 3' in diameter and must weigh over 400 pounds. I'm going to put him through a spring weight loss program. heehee

furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-13 10:17 am   Permalink

Here's an update on the Tiki. I took a break from him to make a quilt rack for my mom. Then it got really cold for a month, too cold. I'm back on it now that it's spring time. Also made a couple of mushrooms. I'm hoping to finish sanding and stain the Tiki this weekend so I can start on a BIG log that is in my back yard.

[ This Message was edited by: furball 2010-04-13 10:19 ]

Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 2:05 pm   Permalink

hey furball, love your tiki style. thats a great carve and design. cant wait to see your next one

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 7:31 pm   Permalink

Wow!! That is great work You def went deep!
Glad to see it' Looin forward to the next post!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 9:35 pm   Permalink

Sweetness that is a great looking fella. Nice work.
Gotta love those Flexcuts.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 12:17 pm   Permalink

Nice carving on the quilt stand. Your tiki cleaned up nice too.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-03 09:44 am   Permalink

After a bit of a break/slow down on carving, I am back to the craft. I don't think I posted a pic of the finished tiki that I started this thread for, so I will post him, along with a Moai I made and a new tiki I am working on. The new guy is a 6' long, cedar log. It's green and pretty nice to work with.

NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-03 12:26 pm   Permalink

those tiki's look awesome. really like the originality and the expression in the faces...very cool.

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation