[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving furball's carvings
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
furball's carvings
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-03 1:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bro. I have been checking out your work and I love it. Your style is bold and clean, man!

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-04 9:17 pm   Permalink

Great new carves. The chisels are paying off!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-10 09:09 am   Permalink

Thanks T!

Good to be back at the carving again. I had to take time off from it due to a wicked and ongoing bout of bursitis. I'm only 37 but have had many sports injuries, mostly due to extreme skiing. I have had my ACLs replaced in both knees but a wicked tumble at close to 60mph on skis pulled my shoulder out of socket a couple years ago. Went through therapy and it was getting better. Ended up tweaking it again in the spring this year and couldn't get it to stop hurting. Did more therapy, got a cortisone shot and now I'm feeling great and back to swinging the mallet. Found out, I can carve with a blown knee, but not with a bad shoulder.

View Profile of furball Send a personal message to furball      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-12 2:18 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2011-10-10 09:09, furball wrote:
Thanks T!

Good to be back at the carving again. I had to take time off from it due to a wicked and ongoing bout of bursitis. I'm only 37 but have had many sports injuries, mostly due to extreme skiing. I have had my ACLs replaced in both knees but a wicked tumble at close to 60mph on skis pulled my shoulder out of socket a couple years ago. Went through therapy and it was getting better. Ended up tweaking it again in the spring this year and couldn't get it to stop hurting. Did more therapy, got a cortisone shot and now I'm feeling great and back to swinging the mallet. Found out, I can carve with a blown knee, but not with a bad shoulder.
[/quote

I hear ya. I've been using the heaviest model of those green polyurethane mallets. Was killing my right shoulder. Had to change the way I carve. I also need to get a lighter one for "everyday" carving and reserve the heavy one for the big cuts. I like to carve looking over the log and cutting towards me or way from me. It just makes more "sense" like that for me. But now had to switch to cutting sideways either to my left or right switching mallet hands off and on. Uh, hope that makes sense?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-27 09:53 am   Permalink

Here is a little dude I made for my wife to keep on her desk at work, to ward off the evil spirits.

NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-27 2:07 pm   Permalink

SICK work brother...those chisels are def bringin your A game...keep up the good work

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-28 04:08 am   Permalink

Nice finish.
Looks like furniture.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
furball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-28 09:20 am   Permalink

Well, as a matter of fact... nyuk, nyuk... it is stain that I mixed for a furniture piece. I'm making a bed for my daughter and mixed a mahogany 2 parts with 1 part ebony to create a black cherry look. I liked it so much that I decided the little tiki would look good in it.

Keylo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-28 09:45 am   Permalink

That tiki is so cool, your going to have a hard time keepin the evil spirits from stealing it!
Great expression and creative work!!

View Profile of Keylo Send a personal message to Keylo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation