FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Power Tool Sharpener ????
Power Tool Sharpener ????
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-19 09:04 am   Permalink

Hey all,
I stumbled on this website and sharpener :

http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/SharpeningTools/WorkSharp2000ToolSharpener.htm
Check out the video.
I am curious if any one has tried this and/or what you think ? ( even if you havent)

It looks kinda useful.

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 1:26 pm   Permalink

I have been told good and bad things. Good: it works great and sharpns the most damaged chisels nicely. Bad: its fast! You do some serious damage quickly if you are not very careful.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-20 7:43 pm   Permalink

Yeah, what Aloha said rings true. I've been watching this tool for awhile since it emerged about a year or so ago. They have added a lot of accessories to squeeze a few more bucks outta you. The main issue , like Tom says is it's too fast and you an burn a chisel in no time. m
To use this tool you need a good grasp of how to sharpen a chisel manually so you will understand about the burning or blueing of the edges, once that edge gets a blue spot on it it's hard to bring it back and most chisels aren't hardened the full length of the tool. So Learn first then play.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-21 05:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess it would be useful for cheap flat chisels,
or other tools,knives,etc.

View Profile of Kino Send a personal message to Kino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation