FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Now! at Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans, LA - July 24th
Tiki Now! at Tales of the Cocktail, New Orleans, LA - July 24th
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-25 7:24 pm   Permalink

This July, during Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans, I will be hosting a seminar on Tiki Now!

The seminar is an investigation and analysis from the death of the Tiki Bar to the resurgence and new trends emerging from it. Tiki is even being seen as a major menu component at non-tiki bars, such as NYC's Death and Co, and Seattle's Naga Lounge. Some bars are even having special Tiki nights, such as Drink in Boston, and Teardrop Lounge in Portland. The tiki revival is here, and this session will chronicle its growth, as well as passing the good word of true tropical libations.

Martin Cate (our own dear Martiki) will be a guest panelist, as well as whoever else I drag up, to be announced later.

The session is being sponsored by DonQ Rum, and will feature modern tropical classics, and is to be held Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM Grand Ballroom North, The Royal Sonesta Hotel.

Tickets will be available soon, and I'll post when available. Event information available at the
TotC Tiki Now site.

Mahalo!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 08:24 am   Permalink

BUMP! Website has different times for your seminar. I'm volunteering at that time, but and try to find you.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 09:39 am   Permalink

See you there!

Looking forward to being back in New Orleans and catching up with everyone!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 09:43 am   Permalink

"Martin Cate (our own dear Martiki) will be a guest panelist, as well as whoever else I drag up, to be announced later. "

I guess this makes me a real drag....

http://www.talesofthecocktail.com/events/seminars/tiki_now

Hope to see you all there!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation