FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Vichy vandens parkas, Vilnius, Lithuania (other)
Vichy vandens parkas, Vilnius, Lithuania (other)
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-26 04:17 am   Permalink

Name:Vichy vandens parkas
Type:other
Street:Ozo st. 14 C
City:Vilnius
State:
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Water park in Vilnius, Lithuania with a Polynesian theme. Most attractions seem to be for kids but there are bars and restaurants with alcoholic beverages such as Cannibal Bar, Bar Švyturys etc. Haven't been there myself, but it looks like lots of fun!

http://www.vandensparkas.lt/en/

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-26 07:05 am   Permalink

Wow! Obviously inspired by, but with no mention of, Tiki. I don't think that the Russians there would know what Tiki is: The concept was developed by a Swiss company, it was built by a Spanish company, and then the Dutch had a hand in it, too.

Some funny concepts:
>>The Lava baths are on the 3rd floor of the park, inviting you to try five different kinds of baths, where visitors can experience the entire spectrum of the Polynesian climate: Drought in Hawaii, Tropic heat, Afternoon in Kiribati, Tahiti Mist and Equator Rays.<<

But why oh why do the big sponsors have to slap THEIR name on an institution like that: VICHY Waterpark! Who the hell knows the theme from that. That's as bad as Staples Center.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-29 09:19 am   Permalink

Hey Magnus! Nice find! That place looks fun and intriguing! I wonder who will be the first intrepid tiki socialite to go there and take some pictures to post them here...
The name SUCKS! Bigbro, I couldn't agree more with your complain about the name of the place! It's the worst when public places change their name for sponsor brand names. Just imagine how different this place would be if it was called: "Tiki Park" or something like that.
Bigbro, what's the name of the Spanish company that you mention above?

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-29 2:05 pm   Permalink

I have a friend in Vilnius and might pay him a visit this summer...

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation