FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Showing off your Shag -- again.
Showing off your Shag -- again.
heatmizuh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-26 8:04 pm   Permalink

If anyone is interested in showing off some of your Shag prints -- framed or not -- feel free to post them up at the new Image Gallery @ Shagapedia -- http://www.shagapedia.net

I'd love to have some of your shots up on the site and see how everyone else frames/displays theirs.

Thanks!

Heat

View Profile of heatmizuh Send a personal message to heatmizuh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gromit_Fan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-04 8:02 pm   Permalink

Heat,

Gotta say I love your site!

Here is my latest, which I suspect some of you got today, too.

This is a temp situation while the paper flattens out.
Once the paper looses its memory and is flat, it will get
proper matting and such.

cheers!

Gromit Fan

Quote:

On 2010-01-26 20:04, heatmizuh wrote:
If anyone is interested in showing off some of your Shag prints -- framed or not -- feel free to post them up at the new Image Gallery @ Shagapedia -- http://www.shagapedia.net

I'd love to have some of your shots up on the site and see how everyone else frames/displays theirs.

Thanks!

Heat

View Profile of Gromit_Fan Send a personal message to Gromit_Fan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-21 2:39 pm   Permalink

Finally getting around to posting my birthday present. The colors match my living room perfectly. He did a good job of selecting that print. I love it, love it, love it. This shot does not really show the wall color which is a deep lime green. Second shot is much truer in color. My 19 year old son is a little embarrassed by the nudity. How did I end up with such a prude?

It's called Grand Odalisque.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-22 5:27 pm   Permalink

Gosh, your son should come see the jungle room full of Dan's tiki tay tay's collection, it would desensitize him!

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heatmizuh
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-27 10:12 pm   Permalink

I just got these in...I've actually wanted them for some time -- and even though I paid out the nose, they're Artist Proofs and I love them.

Heat
http://www.shagapedia.net

View Profile of heatmizuh Send a personal message to heatmizuh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 08:26 am   Permalink

My first Shag. Just got it and will ponder how to frame it.

Nancy

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2010-04-05 08:27 ]

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 5:24 pm   Permalink

Just released today...The Late Husband. Limited Edition to 100 pieces. I sneak preview ordered it last night, because it features a 60's Lincoln like mine! It's a really cool print, and I had to get one. Looking forward to this low numbered print!

Updated cuz this badboy is
***SOLD OUT! !***

not even in a full workday...glad I got in on this!

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2010-05-12 18:05 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 08:26, Naneki wrote:

My first Shag. Just got it and will ponder how to frame it.

Nancy

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2010-04-05 08:27 ]

Uh, Nancy? I have an empty frame on my wall in the tiki room. I am wondering where my Shag print is? I would like it back...PLEASE???

Pardon the mess on the highboard. I have a few things I need to put away after entertaining friends.

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

PS -- I thought I would show you some pics of the frame to show you how I framed mine.

[ This Message was edited by: Vince Martini 2010-05-12 18:59 ]

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 07:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

Uh, Nancy? I have an empty frame on my wall in the tiki room. I am wondering where my Shag print is? I would like it back...PLEASE???

Pardon the mess on the highboard. I have a few things I need to put away after entertaining friends.

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

PS -- I thought I would show you some pics of the frame to show you how I framed mine.

Thanks for the pictures. I'm trying to find time to cruise up to Santa Barbara and visit my framer.

Nancy

PS--I'm a native Californian but my family's from Arkansas. Montgomery County and around Batesville.

And I see your highboard and raise you a buffet.

[ This Message was edited by: Naneki 2010-05-14 12:26 ]

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 08:31 am   Permalink

I still believe that Link @ framefetish is the best framer, ever!
Check out his works at
www.framefetish.com
His prices are comparable to Aaron Brothers, Michaels, yet his workmanship and artistry in itself is incredible. He is located in Orange County.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 09:45 am   Permalink

I'll toss out some props for Richard Wagner, The Framemaker in Santa Barbara. Plus, his shop is right by the last piece of the Flying A Studios.

Get something framed and think of Mary Miles Minter. It's a win-win situation.

N.

And, yes, MMM *was* framed, her mother however...*

* Cryptic remark about the William Desmond Taylor murder which while very interesting is not tiki.

Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 9:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-13 07:46, Naneki wrote:
Quote:

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

Thanks for the pictures. I'm trying to find time to cruise up to Santa Barbara and visit my framer.

Nancy

PS--I'm a native Californian but my family's from Arkansas. Montgomery County and around Batesville.

Well, when I get around to opening my tiki bar here in sunny Iki Pohaku, I will send you (and your family) an invite to opening night. My wife's family is from that general area (a bit closer to Heber Springs). On the other hand, I am a native Arkansan, but have relatives knocking around SoCal (Simi Valley, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and I think another cousin has moved down to San Diego).

Good luck with the framing!

Shaken AND stirred -

Vince Martini

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gromit_Fan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-18 9:56 pm   Permalink

Just came today!

YEAAAH!

View Profile of Gromit_Fan Send a personal message to Gromit_Fan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation