FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki kicked Nor-Cal's Ass (So-Cal Style)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tikiyaki kicked Nor-Cal's Ass (So-Cal Style)
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 09:48 am   Permalink

The Tikiyaki Orchestra show at Trader Vic's Palo Alto was AMAZING. Thank you to the band for kicking Mucho Bootay. They are great guys, on and off stage. Thank you to everybody that came to the show, bought stuff from the vendors, ate, drank, had a good time.
It was a great night.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 1:13 pm   Permalink

I know I was drinkin' a lot but was that "Detroit Rock City" I heard them play?? Awesome.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-31 1:51 pm   Permalink

Pics..Pics..We want to see pics. We were so bummed that we couldn't be there

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 2:16 pm   Permalink

Thank ya Jim, Mark, Tikiyaki, and everyone else involved in putting this thing on. Tanya and I had a damn good time!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 3:07 pm   Permalink

Just got home from the Tikiyaki show-it was the first time I've seen them, and they were awesome! They went on at 8:30 and played til after 11. Great show! Thanks, Tikiyaki, for finally making it to NorCal! Please come back when the weather is warm!!! We are all hoping for this to develop into a tiki weekender in Palo Alto. You guys are awesome!!

Tacky Tiki

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-31 6:44 pm   Permalink

Fabulous show...thanks for rocking out out NorCal. My first time to the Trader Vic's in Palo Alto...they did a great job of hosting!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 8:03 pm   Permalink

HAHAHA I think Tikiyaki played great as always.
I think the hard partying/drinking Nor. Cal. people kicked their own ass.

seeing some of the people dragging their butts out to the Pool area for Brunch today was quite hilarious.

I cut myself off around 11:30 last night.
But was up till 3 amish in the room party of Ron's (thanks for having us over)
and was really tired, but not dying this morning.

Great so see so many old friends,
and meet some new ones.
and I even talked about 5 or 6 surf crowd people into coming,
that were considering going to the Mermen cd release Party.
Kudos to those of you who came to Tikiyaki last night.

Heard a rumor about a Possible show up there by the Pool, and with other bands in the summer, that sounds like a Hoot, will be there for sure.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 8:09 pm   Permalink

Oh, thanks to Mark, and Jim,(Tikitastic, and Tai won on) and the staff at Trader Vics, and Dinah's hotel for a great event, and to Tikiyaki and all the vendors for making it such a fun tiki filled nite.

nd Thanks again to Jason Wickedly and Danielle for lettin me ride up with them, and crash in their room.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 8:42 pm   Permalink

Jeff - it was great to see you. Let me know when you think you'll be up again! I'll make those cocktails for you!

Jim et al of Tikiyaki - Congrats. It kicked complete ass. You rocked (as usual) and it was a treat to see the band here in NorCal. Great to see all of you, too!

JP and Marie - Thanks for the Don's mug and for hanging out. It's been WAY too long. We need to get together more often.

Tiki Underground - Thanks for making it happen, boys!

Palo Alto Trader Vic's - What can I say? Yeah, baby! Thanks for taking spectacular care of us, and for that comped room... Dinah's Garden Hotel is stunning and very comfortable. I really enjoyed myself. Many, many mahalos for your hospitality.

Mai Tai and Coco Loco - I just love you guys. Thanks for making this weekend.

Hope to get pics posted tomorrow!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 9:13 pm   Permalink

Glued to my hand all evening...(and well into the morning), the saddest casualty of the evening made it through thick and thin, chaos and creation, all night long...across the parking lot...and right through the doorway of room 105...when he very unceremoniously fell from my hand.

Tikiyaki and I partially buried him this morning in a lovely bamboo grove at Dinah's.

He lived a fast and furious life. Then sacrificed himself to make your Tikiyaki mug just a little bit more valuable. There are at most 49 in the world now.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 9:13 pm   Permalink

This shot has got to be a new fave for me. Falin gettin his groove on, Suzanne and Mike and Lady in Blue.

Brother Bong, it was good talkin' to him after 6 years.

The Circle Jerks uh huh, Coyle's tryin to keep BTD's drink from spillin on my cam

My booth, my hard working wife, very tired.

A few of my friends, you know who they are.

Megan, The Mysterious Kim, and Tastic Fantastic

Mieko Denise BTD Hanford

Notch caught in the headlights, I don't know who that mysterious gentleman is behind him must be new

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-01 12:42 am   Permalink

Great show, and nice to see everybody! Here's some of our pics...

I think the tiki has an eye on the captain's drink.

Inflight commentary from Captain Marty Lush.

Break time.

Jonpaul refuels midair.

What other airline has the captain personally deliver lost luggage?

Thanks to the Tikiyaki Orchestra for winging up north. Let's do it again!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 12:46 am   Permalink

them there are some great photos!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 02:22 am   Permalink

Look at Maestro Jim go!
Talk about a bongo beat down!
Great snaps!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-01 08:06 am   Permalink

I just wanted to take a sober moment (and I have so few these days) to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone in the Bay Area!! Not only did we have one of the biggest blasts playing any show we've done so far, but the hospitality that was extended to us was overwhelming!! You guys made us feel like we were home. And best of all, thanks for the booze!

Also, Aquarj; your photos are friggin amazing!!!!!!!!! You actually made me look good!

Cap'n Lush

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation