FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki kicked Nor-Cal's Ass (So-Cal Style)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tikiyaki kicked Nor-Cal's Ass (So-Cal Style)
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-01 08:07 am   Permalink

Vic, you didn't follow the no photos rule! That dance is a patented Jimmy Smith style dance called the "B3 Burner" aka "The Soles On My Creepers Are Coming Off So Dance With The Hands". Don't try it at home.
Mahalo to Tikiyaki, Trader Vic's and the Tiki Underground for putting on a great shindig. Good seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and those who I may have pissed off, well...
Mahalo to all who bought something at our booth, though all the money we made we gave back to the other artists. All in the family.
Norcal parties hard!

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 10:46 am   Permalink

....and NorCal kicked ours right back !

I know it always sounds like an oscar speech, but I have to take this time to express gratitude for the people who made this show a smashing success and a good ole'time.

Mark Holt aka Tikitastic, Jim, aka Tai Won On and the Tiki Underground for booking, promoting, and organizing the whole thing.

The owner of Dinah's / Trader Vics (a very nice lady whose name escapes me right now) , Radim, and the entire staff of Trader Vics for bending over backwards for us, and keeping those drinks flowing all night.

Bill aka Mai Tai and Marie aka Coco Loco for working the door.

John Corbid aka dibroc for providing the luggage for the door prizes, and for always being there to help out. You rock brutha !

All the Vendors for bringing the "TIKI" to the event, and those who donated door prizes.

Kevn Bullat aka BONG who subbed for Gary Brandin on Steel guitar. You learned these songs like your life depended on it and did a fantastic job - Mahalo Braddah !

Peggy Williams for buying us drinks at the Cove ! (more on that visit in another thread)

Anyway, it was great to see some familiar faces and meet lots of new folks as well....I had a really great time, and hope we can do it again really soon. You Nor-Cal people are awesome ! WHOO !

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2010-02-01 13:31 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 11:25 am   Permalink

Jim & Tikiyaki -

So great to read that everything was a success, but no surprise really since you guys really are So.Cal's pied pipers of tiki-pop.

Sorry I couldn't go...I couldn't get the time-off of work to make the drive up north to see everyone

And whoa! Bong on steel guitar? Cool.

Who was on drums? Dave? I see the pics and the drummer is obscured or not shown at all...drummers always get the short end of the deal!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 12:20 pm   Permalink

Wow...I too had my ass kicked in NorCal (with a big assist from TV's Navy Grogs and Mai Tais). To quote Jim Bacchi "If there was a lampshade in the room, I'd have been wearing it". You guys were amazing...the Tiki Underground did a hell of a job. I'd post my pictures..but they are a blurry mess. (They looked fine Saturday night!) Thanks BTD Jeff for riding along and DJing the road trip (no it was NOT all surf music for 7 hours!). Definitely worth the drive up...and the ride back was just long enough that I was recovered by the time we got home! I really hope we can get some kind of weekender going at Dinah's if they are up for it..I'm in for So Cal support team, flyer distribution, whatever! Thanks again guys.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 12:52 pm   Permalink

Congratulations boys for Rockin the North!

you may wanna rethink having BONG in the band,tho....
he's a loose cannon!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 12:57 pm   Permalink

The show was amazing at Trader Vic's in Palo Alto & the Hospitality was even more amazing! Thank you Nor Cal Tikis for making us South Cal cats feel welcome

I can not wait till we hit another Tiki Party!

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 4:57 pm   Permalink

Vic,

the lady in Blue is Marie, Bar manger of Don the Beachcomber,here in So. Cal.
and the Girlfriend of Jonpaul(bass player of Tikiyaki).

good to see you again man, been too long.

Randy, you and your Wifes pics are always great.
thanks
I forgot my Camera in so cal

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-02-01 17:01 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2010-02-01 5:18 pm   Permalink

...and while we are still spreading the love...HUGSHUGSHUGS to Mark/Tikitastic & Jim/TaiWonOn...you are such great organizers and know how to bring da fun to NorCal!!! We are blessed to have you on board!!!

Jason...I don't think you were pacing yourself.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-01 10:03 pm   Permalink

Tiki Phial's

The Tikiyaki Orchestra was way too much fun but I need to see them again because I only have cloudy memories of seeing the beginning of the show this time.

When I got there I went to the Sacramento Wahinis hospitality room and enjoyed some muchcies and Pomegranate rum Rickey's. Thanks Ladies for a having that as an appetizer for what turned out to be a fun way to start off the night.

I need to apologize to those who I may have offended or clobbered with my new war club. Like most I enjoy gettin my buzz on but I got sloppy at the end there. It's a rarity these days but it still happens once every couple years. I had way too much to drink. I missed out on 3/4 of the band and the room parties. Sucks to be me. Next time I'll pace myself.

Only today I found what can only be described as a self inflicted war wound in the form of a bruise on my collar bone from my new war club that I don't remember buying.

I have only myself to blame and want to hear from the people who took care of me or know who did. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember who took care of me and got me to my buddy's car in one piece. Being he doesn't know any one he's not sure either.

Any way here's a few pix of my new tiki swag.

Three mugs and I only wanted the Kapulapu one but just add booze and I become a shopaholic.

Then came the required Tikiyaki swag bag with CD.

Now that I'm feeling no pain I bought another aloha shirt and left mine there somewhere in TVs. Thank you to whoever turned it in to the lost and found.

and the purchase that I didn't remember. I really hope that I didn't clobber anyone with it.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 06:01 am   Permalink

Savage, check your PM's.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JONPAUL
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 5:26 pm   Permalink

Wow.
What a weekend!
Where do I even begin?!
With the proper thanks, of course!!

Major Mahalos to....

Tikitastic, Tai Won On, the staff at Trader Vic's and the entire Tiki Underground for putting this thing on
and working so hard to make the event all it could be.
My band mates, whose relentless dedication, vision and passion continue to drive and inspire me every day.
All the SoCal Ohana that made the crazy drive up against all odds...bigtikidude, Joe Banks (sorry about your
mug, brutha!), Jason Wickedly and Danielle, dibroc, FilthyMidget, and tobunga & Manuel.

The incredibly warm, enthusiastic and hospitable NorCal Oahana (if I left you out, please forgive me)...
Tikitastic again (you are a gentleman and a scholar!), Molokai Mike and Denise, martiki, Notch, KuKu, Coco Loco &
Mai Tai, retrodiva, Hanford, Otto & babydoe, suzanne, Humuhumu, mieko, mp, Unga Bunga, Jungle Trader, VampiressRN,
Kahaka & Tanya, Brenda's Tiki Hut, Tiki Kaimuki,Tacky Tiki, Savage Tiki, leleliz, and everyone!

And, most importantly of all....from the bottom of my heart, my deepest appreciation and love go out to my beautiful
Marie--my partner-in-crime, whose tireless and unconditional support and love keep me going and make me look
forward to every waking day!

Can't wait for the next one!!!!!
OK, so who's in for the Kon Tiki???????
Only a couple of months until April 10!

[ This Message was edited by: JONPAUL 2010-02-02 17:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JONPAUL 2010-02-02 18:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JONPAUL 2010-02-02 23:07 ]

View Profile of JONPAUL Send a personal message to JONPAUL  Goto the website of JONPAUL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 7:01 pm   Permalink

JP, you're posting!!! On TC!!! hahahahaha!!

Good to see you man, can't wait til you kids are in NorCal again!

Hugs,
Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 7:53 pm   Permalink

I'm surprised JP is even conscious, let alone able to post.
that guy and Marie, had quite an extended weekend.

Glad you made it home in 1 piece man,
how'z yer liver?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 11:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-01 22:03, Savage Tiki wrote:
and the purchase that I didn't remember. I really hope that I didn't clobber anyone with it.

Hey Eric, I DO remember getting clobbered by a war club that night, but it was Notch who did the clobberin'! And it didn't affect my state of mind any way... it was as if I had four Mai Tais instead of three... and after two, it doesn't matter anyway!

And way to go TIKIYAKI!!! What an incredible evening! The orchestra was awesome as always, and it was great seeing all the Nor Cal Ohana! Plus, there was a good showing of So Cal Ohana too! And the vendors had such incredible stuff! And the venue was AMAZING! Our first time at the Palo Alto TV... So many tikis!!! WOW! Can't wait to do it again!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 10:39 am   Permalink

We had an awesome time at the Lei-over! Can't wait til this becomes a weekender! Great to see everyone again...gotta do this more often!

I still can't believe what a great show Tikyaki puts on....can't wait for a new album (hint) but how do you top the Jungle Jetsetter album and all the marketing tie-ins (which I absolutely love!!!) You guys are awesome musicians. And I stayed (relatively) sober to watch the show-wanted to remember my first Tikiyaki Orchestra show! Still can't believe how amazing it was!

Eric-I can't believe your mugs all survived the trip. I was sure you would either lose them or break them! But it looked like you were having a great time!

SO.....when's the next Tikiyaki party in NorCal!!???!!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation