FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki New Swap Ideas--What's yours?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Swap Ideas--What's yours?
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 12:55 pm   Permalink

I'm in for a paper/swizzle swap, I have a bit of stuff to trade.

Not a lot of vintage stuff however...just stuff I've swiped from a lot of the local places.

[ This Message was edited by: Jason Wickedly 2010-02-04 12:57 ]

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ka'lenatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-02 15:24, TIKIVILLE wrote:
SHRUNKEN HEAD STUFF!!!!!
Or maybe this is a better idea for the next art swap huh? *hint

Ya know TIKIVILLE the sad thing was that my first thought was ...hey that would be cool!!!!!! not to mention the fun it could be if the post office scanned there packages!!

View Profile of ka'lenatiki Send a personal message to ka'lenatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 8:02 pm   Permalink

I think a shrunken head swap would be awesome as an art swap...not so much a "stuff" swap...I can not think of one shrunken head item I own that I am giving to anyone

Like the Hawaiian shirt swap idea.

Jason never mind if its vintage paper or new paper....if you have swiped it than most likely someone else hasn't.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 1:15 pm   Permalink

I'd be interested in a Hawaiian shirt swap - I have lots of beautiful Aloha shirts that are too small for me that someone should wear. Maybe there's a skinny mini out there who doesn't know what to do with all their XL & XXLs?? They'd sure be cheaper to mail than mugs and not as breakable.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tacky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 1:21 pm   Permalink

I like the Aloha shirt swap idea. I was thinking of posting that and said, Nah, peeps aren't going to part with their shirts! But I'm a skinny mini, and I keep finding L, XL, 2XL! Nice ones! But I don't have any shrunken heads lying around, and not much spare ephemera, except what is currently available for swiping.

Thanks for hosting the swaps, Liz!

Tacky

View Profile of Tacky Tiki Send a personal message to Tacky Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 1:44 pm   Permalink

Shirt idea is a good one. I like to wear XL or Lg. So if anyone would like to test the mailing of shirts. you could just mail me a couple... with tikis or ukuleles on them please...

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 11:31 am   Permalink

The only hiccup I could see for a shirt exchange(aside from Mai-Tai induced ones) is making sure the giver has the correct size for the givee. I have some small stuff...

Ephemera is pretty limited on my end, except for the stuff I draw ...
Either way, I am IN!
~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 11:43 am   Permalink

It's too bad that logistically, an Alcohol Swap is out of the question.

Just imagine...I could send you Mericans some Cuban Rum, you could send me some Martinique rum...

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2010-02-20 11:45 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 3:58 pm   Permalink

How about a digital swap, many of us save cool photos etc and even do digital art, which can be swapped using email
a little bit of a change?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 1:33 pm   Permalink

Or even a print swap (I think a print would be cooler to recieve than an email). Easy enough to go to Walmart and print and $5 8x10 (and you can get frames for $2.50).

Not trying to promote Wal-Mart but it is a cheap way to go.

I've even got some decent pics from my trip to Hawaii that would be fitting.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 1:58 pm   Permalink

Clowns.....
best theme EVER for a Swap!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 3:47 pm   Permalink

I think for this next swap the majority of messages I have received are pushing for Hawaiian Shirt. Details to come but keep the ideas coming!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 12:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-20 11:43, Slacks Ferret wrote:
It's too bad that logistically, an Alcohol Swap is out of the question.

Just imagine...I could send you Mericans some Cuban Rum, you could send me some Martinique rum...

...well, you could send us 'mericans rum anyway

Quote:

On 2010-02-04 20:02, leleliz wrote:
I think a shrunken head swap would be awesome as an art swap...not so much a "stuff" swap...I can not think of one shrunken head item I own that I am giving to anyone

Check the Creating Tiki forums, folks...Shrunken heads for an artsy swap! All artistically inclined headshrinkers should apply!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-03-02 12:25 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation