FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Last chance! FRESH PORK: Luau Pig Collaborations. Git 'em before ebay does...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Last chance! FRESH PORK: Luau Pig Collaborations. Git 'em before ebay does...
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 8:51 pm   Permalink

Yes indeed! The other white meat is back with a vengeance and ham-fisted shenanigans are afoot! 12 artists modify, chop, slice, boil, grill, and otherwise ruin a perfectly good Luau Pig for this online show and sale. It makes me happy as a pig in... well....

Just think of it....

•A gallery show you can attend in your jammies!
•No pesky valets to tip!
•Your own choice of hors d'oeuvres and beverages! (Chicharrones and Fanta for me!)
•No pretentious artsy-fartsy characters breathing cheap Merlot and Marlboros in your face! (Unless you happen to co-habitate with one)
And PIGS! GLORIOUS PIGS!!

I could go on about all the porkerific aspects of this show and sale but I'll let this little preview do the talking. More blanks will be filled in as I receive them. Stay tuned!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2010-02-14 20:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2010-02-21 13:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2010-02-21 18:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2010-03-10 17:32 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 9:05 pm   Permalink

nice!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-01 07:57 am   Permalink

Looks like a great show....I'm "pretty sure" I can attend!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 08:23 am   Permalink

Good...It looks like I'm not the only slacker...

Don't worry about Babalu Master Squids...I'm still grooming my Oinksters for the Great Pig Race of 2010. I'll be in the gates and ready when the gun goes off!

VROOOMMM - oink, oink - VROOOOM!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-01 9:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-31 20:51, squid wrote:
•No pretentious artsy-fartsy characters breathing cheap Merlot and Marlboros in your face! (Unless you happen to co-habitate with one)

Sorry Terrill

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 7:24 pm   Permalink

Any more Porkers squeal their way over yet, Squiddy?

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 8:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-13 19:24, Bowana wrote:
Any more Porkers squeal their way over yet, Squiddy?

Funny you should ask Bowie! Just click the link and check out what kinda no good has come my way. A couple have dropped out and a couple are still stragglin' but they'll make it in time for the show...

FRESH PORK!!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 08:13 am   Permalink

"Would somebody please invent a bacon latte"

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 09:29 am   Permalink

Hey all, scramblin to have this done in time for Sunday. here is a preview of the greenware, based on the woven pig clan totems form different regions in Papua New Guinea, http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MDytHGYdRVY/S3rSJgYcBpI/AAAAAAAAAHY/xwPFMSGzGhY/s1600-h/greenwaredigpreview.jpg
pieces are all looking cool so far, Babs, hope your makes it for the "opening"

p.s. cool just saw there is now a image uploader on TC, will make life easier getting pics up

[ This Message was edited by: OceaOtica 2010-02-16 09:31 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 10:20 am   Permalink

I thought this thread needed a glamour shot of the real thing, here it is, from Trader Vic's 1968 Pacific Island Cookbook:

What a beaute! As Waitiki so aptly put it: Charred Mammal Flesh!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 10:39 am   Permalink

Fun Stuff!! I really like the concept of this show. So far the entries look freakin amazing!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 09:40 am   Permalink

Bump! It's today!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 1:30 pm   Permalink

BUMP INDEED! And to make matters even more interesting, we have some Team USA stragglers pulling through at the last moment in true Porkolympic style!!!

Go
HERE to see the full monty and to purchase these precious porkers!

Tiki Tony and Tiki Diablo are not quite finished but I still love 'em anyway

6:00 PM TONIGHT!!!!

PORK....It's what's for dinner!

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 6:15 pm   Permalink

CRAZY AL, OCEA OTICA and BOSKO's little squealers have left the pen, chop chop!!!! Soooooooey!!!

TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-21 6:20 pm   Permalink

Poke da pork wit da fork...DONE!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation