FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki need help identifying this lamp !!
need help identifying this lamp !!
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-03 7:16 pm   Permalink

I picked this up today in my travels....at first it looked like a modern lamp but then a closer inspection revealed all the signs of a vintage lamp..there is no makers mark on it that i can see so i don't what company made this.....it's a pretty big lamp and i would classify it as hollywood regency style...it probably came from a hotel or resort back in the day.....the type of thing you see in a hotel room or lobby as opposed to a residence....but i've been wrong before. Does anyone know anything about this lamp or have you seen one like it before?? thanks in advance....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 11:23 am   Permalink

hundreds of members on tiki central..each one, ready to put their 2 cents in at a moments notice on any topic and not a single one has any info about this??? I'm sorry it's not a handmade mug or carving to swoon over...and if i had a new tiki product to sell you i would certainly be pushing it here on t.c.....but alas...i do not....all i have is this lamp....and no info about it from the one place i would expect info from...*sob*....sniffle...whine.....

anyone?? buehler??

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2010-02-04 11:39 am   Permalink

All I can say is that I like it! A beautiful piece of Hawaiiana, but I have no idea who made it. Sorry.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 11:42 am   Permalink

Nice find Tipsy!

Wish I could help you out with more info!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 12:05 pm   Permalink

A friend sent me this link to antiquesockets.com.
He does a lot of research and appraisals for collectors so he'll send me links to some of the more interesting sites.
I hope it helps.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 1:01 pm   Permalink

It might be Myrna Loy. :D

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 1:12 pm   Permalink

Tipsy, Very nice lamp...I have been searching (and will continue) the closest (and not even close)I can get so far is a listing on ioffer...they think it is Shawnee, but unmarked. Good luck.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 2:00 pm   Permalink

thanks all....i like that shawnee lamp....the style looks real similiar to the one i have....i'll check around and see if i can find anything on those links...

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation