FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events I made a tiki out of Cheetos! 02.04.10, 3rd St. Promenade Santa Monica! Video link posted!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
I made a tiki out of Cheetos! 02.04.10, 3rd St. Promenade Santa Monica! Video link posted!
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 09:53 am   Permalink

THIS JUST IN...

Here's the link to the video for this event!
http://info.break.com/static/live/v1/pages/sponsors/cheetlism/cheetlism.html

Aloha everybody!

In what may be the final step of Tiki De-evolution, I created a tiki out of Cheetos.
Break.com is producing a promo spot for Cheetos, featuring artwork created from the nuclear-orange snacks. My neighbor works for Break, and suggested me as one of the four artists involved. I proposed a tiki made from Cheetos, and they liked the idea!

The creation of the tiki was taped a couple days ago, and all the artwork goes on display at an outdoor art event (also part of the promo spot) today at 1pm on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. It will be set up in front of Footlocker, at 1300 Third Street Promenade (between Santa Monica Blvd & Arizona).

I know it's horribly last minute, but that's, apparently, how I roll.

Here's the tiki near completion. it's 32" high and 14" wide, made from a paste of Cheetos, water, and paper... yummy!

I'll try to post more pix soon!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-02-05 08:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-04-07 12:53 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 09:57 am   Permalink

that is too cool!

how long did that take to create?

I will REALLY try to make it down today!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:03 am   Permalink

Way cool!

Ok that explains the Cheetos at the Rumpus Room last night and your orange complexion.

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:05 am   Permalink

What color are your fingers?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:13 am   Permalink

That is just SO cool!!!!!

I'll bet your fingers are still Cheeto-colored! lol

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:15 am   Permalink

Jeje... Me gusta!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:22 am   Permalink

Don't let BigTikiDude near it or he will eat the head off of it before the judging begins. He's done it before.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:30 am   Permalink

This is awesome! Reminds me of having a orange penis when I was young

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:42 am   Permalink

Oh its the combination of two of my favorite things..Eric October art and processed cheese snacks!

Awesome Eric!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 11:12 am   Permalink

Awesome, you do the coolest stuff. You already create tons of tiki art out of nontraditional materials, but this takes the cake!

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 11:21 am   Permalink

Tiki-DEVOlution?!!? uhm, okay - this IS pure tiki-pop expression.

Leave it to Eric to pioneer THIS poly-pop genre

Bloody genius this is...can a Velveeta tiki be very far behind? Spam moai?

(and yeah! Murph was right - this explains the bag of Cheetos at the Rumpus Room last night)

I can't be in Santa Monica in person today but I'm there in spirit. Cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2010-02-04 11:40 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64

Posted: 2010-02-04 12:01 pm   Permalink

An instant classic! I can't imagine your sorting process to find all those symmetrical Cheetoes for the border.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2010-02-04 12:03 pm   Permalink

What happens if it rains today?!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-02-04 1:22 pm   Permalink

Sorry we couldn't make it today Eric. It's good to see a larger photo of that tasty looking tiki.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 1:39 pm   Permalink

ericoctober, YOU ROCK!!!

Coco Joe, that's what happens if you read Playboy and eat Cheetos at the same time

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation