FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » I made a tiki out of Cheetos! 02.04.10, 3rd St. Promenade Santa Monica! Video link posted!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
I made a tiki out of Cheetos! 02.04.10, 3rd St. Promenade Santa Monica! Video link posted!
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 5:50 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Everybody for your kind words of support!

ravenne: It took five very messy hours to crush the Cheetos into a paste with water and shredded paper, and then sculpt the tiki out of the resulting goo!
Murph: Yes, the mystery of the Rumpus Room Cheetos solved... and I guess my orange complexion too, but that just might be my natural pallor!
Kinny and Caroline: My fingers were a very sticky orange, and the goo totally stained my fingernails. I clipped my nails when I got home, and later Manuel found an orange nail clipping in the bathroom sink... freaky!
Zeta: Glad you like! Er... are there Cheetos in Spain?
GROG: Well, fortunately, this tiki is less edible than Kirby's Rice Krispy moai, unless anyone wants the extra roughage of the shredded paper!
Coco Joe: Uh-oh... don't want to think about what you were doing in yer youth to have orange nether-regions!
leleliz: Can I dare to hope my artwork edges out processed cheese snacks as one of your favorites, even just by a teeny bit?
Tiki Shaker: Mahalo! This takes something, I'm not sure it's "the cake"... although that does give me an idea for Twinkies tikis...
TikiG: Oh yeah, I guess it is Poly, and definitely Pop... not sure I'm pioneering anything, though!
Tobor64: The puffy Cheetos turned out to be eerily very similar in size and shape, so that was one of the easy parts!
Sabu The Coconut Boy: Fortunately, it didn't rain, but I think the plan was grab the art and head for cover if it did! The Cheetos dress would have dissolved into something much more revealing!
TongaTom: Thanks for your kind use of the adjective "tasty" to describe the tiki... up close, it did not look too yummy, especially as it dried out!
MadDogMike: Thanks fer clarifying what Coco Joe was up to in his youth!

Here's pix of the event today:

Here's the set up for the show:

A Cheetos dress, constructed and modeled by the lovely Maria (this piece was quite a big hit!):

A Cheetos spider and web (the spider was very cool!):

A screen print on a ground of ground Cheetos (it looked like orange velvet!).

One last shot of my Cheetos tiki... it looks gigantic in this pic!

I'll post a link to the promo clip when it's up on line!

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-02-04 17:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2010-02-04 18:57 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 6:10 pm   Permalink

That's hilariously cool. My students would tear that tiki to shreds in minutes! Awesome job!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 7:32 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 7:54 pm   Permalink

Eric my love of your artwork outweighs my love of processed cheese ten fold!

glad it didnt rain

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 7:58 pm   Permalink

Very orange...very funny...very crunchy...now I'll always think TIKI when I eat cheetos.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-04 8:21 pm   Permalink

WooHoooo! Eric that is Tiki-rrific! I am going to use the pic for show & tell with the kids at school tomorrow. They are going to love it

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 10:31 pm   Permalink

Just as I suspected Eric...you can make a Tiki out of ANYTHING! Nice job!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-04 11:56 pm   Permalink

I LOVE it! Pure genius!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bambú Yoo-hoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 01:46 am   Permalink

Hey, tobunga...

Super-Creative! Well Done!
Here. You've earned this........

...Gwan! Just one last Cheeto for old time's sake, eh?

View Profile of Bambú Yoo-hoo Send a personal message to Bambú Yoo-hoo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 1:40 pm   Permalink

FREAKIN' RIGHT ON!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 6:15 pm   Permalink

Only in California!
Eric, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! That is very cool.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 6:29 pm   Permalink

Fun, fun, fun.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 8:14 pm   Permalink

Bravo!

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 6:11 pm   Permalink

Wow! I agree, you can make a tiki out of anything. What's next, oatmeal, grits... Spam?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-06 10:31 pm   Permalink

Yes, there is chetos in Spain and in Mexico.
I am a Libra too.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation