FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Trader Jim's Kustom Pith Helmet by Tiki Racer
Trader Jim's Kustom Pith Helmet by Tiki Racer
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 2:08 pm   Permalink

Sorry this took a while to post but I don't know where my time goes these days? Is that a symptom of being old enough to book a Saga holiday? I dunno...what I was just talking about. Anyway, how's this for a Pith Helmet guys?

A present from my dear friend Tiki Racer on my 50th and given/presented to me at the Trader Jim's 50th Mai-Tai shindig...WHAT A PRESENT...WHAT A GUY...THANKS TR!!!!

For the purposes of this post, I thought it'd best be shown on one of my Moai heads, as my own 'chiseled from stone' features might have be too much of a distraction. Sorry what's that Sian? LUNKHEAD you say?...Me? Moi? I?

The detail is really subtle, exquisitely understated and beautifully executed...Oh! Ark at me!! I think I might be turning into Melvyn Bragg!

The typically Tiki Racer exotic foliage and floral pattern are so damn cool, and of course there is the trademark Marquesean design that is ever present in his craft.

The Hibiscus flowers are sublime and the tropical leaves remind me of our Jungle Garden here at Tiki Towers! Before the snow obliterated it all!!!

I'm sure TR will be able to give us the lowdown on this wonderfully personal present that has already become one of my favo(u)rite tiki keepsakes. Hope you enjoy looking at the photos as much as I enjoy owning this awesome helmet.

Thank again TR...Yet another cool and original piece of art...and it's MINE ALL MINE!!!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

PS. BEWARE ANYONE WHO TRIES TAKING THE PITH!

[ This Message was edited by: POCKETIKI 2010-02-05 14:55 ]

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 2:25 pm   Permalink

Too Cool on the pith helmet!!! The only think missing is a picture of YOU wearing it

Glad you had a fabulous birthday at Trader Vic's!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 2:26 pm   Permalink

That's just stunning! What line do I get in to get one?!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-05 2:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-05 14:26, Haole'akamai wrote:
That's just stunning! What line do I get in to get one?!

I think if there was one, it'd be the very very long one way over there my friend!

Pop back over to Trade Vic's as soon as you can Caroline and I'll model it especially for you!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-06 01:49 am   Permalink

Looks amazing. Great work as ever from Tikiracer.
James you're one lucky tiki

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-06 07:36 am   Permalink

We should have at least one photo of the 50 year old James wearing it!

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation