FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving check out the rad shelf my buddy Tim made for me!!
check out the rad shelf my buddy Tim made for me!!
crushenstein
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-07 12:37 am   Permalink

hey guys,

my buddy Tim made this rad shelf for me back in october for my birthday. i'm just now getting around to posting the pics of it. and i know all about the white walls! i guess one of the downfalls of apartment living is not being able to paint

here's a picture of the whole thing. it stands about 4 feet tall on top of my bar/liquor cabinet thing. he carved out all of the faces one by one!

and here is a close-up of one of the faces biting one of the shelves.

Noland

View Profile of crushenstein Send a personal message to crushenstein      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 05:47 am   Permalink

Yo are one Lucky person Noland, that looks like a Beautiful tiki shelf and it looks fairly sturdy too, just don't tempt it with too much weight. (Somewhere here on TC is a thread full of broken dreams and broken shelves full of tiki mugs.) I Love the idea and the execution and all those shelf tikis are really looking Hungry.!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Tiki D
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-07 08:18 am   Permalink

Very nice!!

View Profile of Big Tiki D Send a personal message to Big Tiki D      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crushenstein
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-07 09:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-07 05:47, Benzart wrote: Beautiful tiki shelf and it looks fairly sturdy too, just don't tempt it with too much weight.

thanks for the heads up! i actually have it anchored to the wall which keeps it free from movement. now i have to find some wood to knock on...

View Profile of crushenstein Send a personal message to crushenstein      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-08 3:05 pm   Permalink

Wow, at first I didn't notice the shelf because of all the sweet mugs you have. Then I noticed the Tikis on the shelf blend in really well. They look sweet and biting the shelves is a great idea.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation