FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Deland Tiki- custom carvings NOW with actual inventory
Deland Tiki- custom carvings NOW with actual inventory
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-07 5:07 pm   Permalink

I've been lucky enough to have my hubby carving for me for a while, but since a work accident has him at home he has been venting all his frustrations in wood. We started up a blog and have some carvings and purses in stock, although we love doing custom pieces even more. Please check it out- we would love the feedback.
www.Delandtiki.com

my new favorite!

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 6:32 pm   Permalink

I like where you are going with your art, poke around here for some inspiration on some more traditional tiki looks, Also search Witco, and see how on track you are. Nothing like some forced down time to foster some great creativity. Necessity is the Mother of invention. You seem to have a good feel on Kar Kulture which goes great with tiki. Keep at it and good luck!

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:43 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much. We have a large vintage collection that sits in our main den, so we are soaked in inspiration. It was only a matter of time before Justin was going to start making something. I am personally a big fan of our purses and will get him to post of some pics of his work over on the carving forum. Hard to get him off the carport where he works. It is not in his nature to just sit idly, so even though the accident effected his sight, carving has been a real solace.
I am a constant lurker. Need to post more often about all the tiki stuff we are up to.

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation