FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » martini kings perform at palm springs modernism week at the famed james bond elrod house)
martini kings perform at palm springs modernism week at the famed james bond elrod house)
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 12:37 am   Permalink

if you saw bond's diamonds are forever then you saw the coolest swankiest house in. (the world. it is on sale a a low price of 13 million bucks. we will play ther from 5pm till 8 pm on friday evening feb.19th. tickets still available but will sell out!

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 07:42 am   Permalink

We were watching Huell Howser last night & found out his shows all this week will feature his trips to Palm Springs, so we thought we'd take a little drive down there...on Saturday the 20th. Would've loved to have seen you guys at such a cool venue. Have a great show!

[ This Message was edited by: Tobor64 2010-02-09 07:43 ]

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MamboKing
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 3:58 pm   Permalink

Here Tony?

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/RadioFreeBakersfield
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

View Profile of MamboKing Send a personal message to MamboKing  Email MamboKing Goto the website of MamboKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 4:33 pm   Permalink

Hey Mr. Martini King,

Can you provide a link for folks that would like to buy a ticket to this event?

I couldn't find it on the Palm Springs Modernism website for some reason.
Maybe I'm just lame, but a like would be awesome.

Road trip might be in order!

Mahalo!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:00 pm   Permalink

Oh bummer...I won't be able to make this event...boohoohoo. I can just hear you playing the James Bond Theme in that living room. Be sure to let me know what the rest of the house looks like...sigh!!!

Bambi: [seductively] I'm "Bambi."
Thumper: And I am "Thumper." Is there something we can do for you?
James Bond: I can think of several things, off hand...

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:57 pm   Permalink

Awesome. I'll try to make it. Thats payday for me, so it's really pushing it, but I'll definatley try.

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mod Jetsetter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-09 8:00 pm   Permalink

This is sponsored by the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation (Not PS ModCom). PSPF has several Modernism Week events planned. They just finished "Wexler Weekend", honoring architect Donald Wexler, who is the architect of the Royal Hawaiian Estates, which was recently given Palm Springs Historical District status.

Tickets may seem high, but I think are worth it. An iconic house, the Martini Kings, and unlimited handcrafted vodka and gin martinis! Tkae a look at the liquor sponsors and ticket info:

http://www.pspreservationfoundation.org/martini.html

View Profile of The Mod Jetsetter Send a personal message to The Mod Jetsetter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:48 pm   Permalink

Awesome.

Thanks so much for the info Mod Jetsetter!

This little party might just be worth breaking the piggy bank for!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 10:56 am   Permalink

hi guys, sorry i forgot to give a link!!!
hope you can come hang with the martini kings...........

A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!FEB.19TH 5PM TILL 8PM performance by the MARTINI KINGS at THE ELROD HOUSE(james bond house) in PALM SPRINGS. Modernism Week will include three PSPF events: a free lecture on Palm Springs’ modernist architecture, a tour of Frank Sinatra’s Twin Palms Estate and our wildly popular Retro Martini Party. This year’s Retro Martini Party will be held at John Lautner’s famous Arthur Elrod House (1968), described by one commentator as the “world’s greatest living room.” The Elrod House became part of our popular culture when it starred in the 1971 James Bond movie “Diamonds Are Forever.”
to see photos of this cool pad check out the link.
www.palmspringslife.com/Palm-Springs.../Daring-Design/

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 11:58 am   Permalink

A classy event and an even classier band!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 10:45 am   Permalink

Martini Kings -

Man that looks great! But, I won't be there on the 19th! Are you guys going to be playing at all anywhere in the next 5 days? I am headed out to Palm Springs from Phoenix today for ModernismWeek. Hope to meet you and some of the other Tiki Central crowd! Long live the vibraphonists!

saludos,

Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-15 7:08 pm   Permalink

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation