FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Richard Cheese at Tiki Oasis 2010?
Richard Cheese at Tiki Oasis 2010?
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 10:20 am   Permalink

I just heard through FaceBook that RC is going to be playing at Tiki Oasis. I guess this kinda explains the other news I heard that we would be having a "black tie optional" night this year.

I have to admit I am thrilled. Long time RC fan here. Have always thought he would be a great T.O. performer. So much fun!

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 10:41 am   Permalink

The two aren't necessarily related. The "Black Tie Optional" night is in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of Tiki Oasis. Although we have confirmed that Richard Cheese will participate in Tiki Oasis 10, his performance date and time has not yet been finalized. Otto and Baby Doe are still working on confirming all the entertainers for the event.

Watch
http://www.tikioasis.com, http://www.twitter.com/tikioasis, and http://www.facebook.com/tikioasis for updates as details are nailed down.

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2010-02-09 10:42 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 12:38 pm   Permalink

We talked to RC about Hukilau 2002 even, but no budget to hire him. And he showed up and had fun at last year's Hukilau. He's a fan of our genre.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 4:58 pm   Permalink

Wow, very exciting, I'm a huge Richard Cheese fan!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 5:10 pm   Permalink

So cool! Can't wait for this album too-I've been hearing about it for a long time--

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 11:18 am   Permalink

Fan of the music. Not a fan of the man. Don't try and take video of his performance. If you, have a good grip on your camera.

[ This Message was edited by: phinz 2010-05-20 11:23 ]

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-05-20 1:10 pm   Permalink

According to Otto, Richard Cheese will be at Tiki Oasis with a vending space but is NOT scheduled to perform:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=36183&forum=17&vpost=524459

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vince Martini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 7:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-20 11:18, phinz wrote:
Fan of the music. Not a fan of the man. Don't try and take video of his performance. If you, have a good grip on your camera.

[ This Message was edited by: phinz 2010-05-20 11:23 ]

I am sorry that I am going to miss Tiki Oasis 10. I LOVE Richard Cheese. i saw him last April at the Wrigley Mansion in Phoenix, AZ. Great show!!! Plus, he stays and visits with every single fan...gives them as much time as they ask of him. he was very gracious and very appreciative that we came to see him. He has even kept in cummunicato with a few friendly e-mails.

As for him getting defensive when people try to videotape him, I hope he did not knock your camera out of your mit. I'm sorry he gets millitant about this. But, as an entertainer I absolutely understand his defensiveness when people take his material and use it, post it, produce it without his permission. We work hard for our craft and someone can pirate it in a matter of moments. Gee, I wish someone would threaten to pirate my songs...then I would know I have arrived as a song writer!

View Profile of Vince Martini Send a personal message to Vince Martini  Email Vince Martini Goto the website of Vince Martini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phinz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 03:27 am   Permalink

Grabbing a camera and throwing it at someone is one problem. Spitting on people is another.

Article.

View Profile of phinz Send a personal message to phinz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 09:22 am   Permalink

I just think it's totally rude to yell at an audience.

here is Keith Jarrett's famous rant at an audience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB9mMABRM0c&feature=related

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-21 3:14 pm   Permalink

Ouch! And he did that at an event for media creators?:
"You have 5001000 new media creators at a concert organized just for them. All of these media creators carry video cameras or audio recording devices."

...talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Poor guy...
Well I, being a cinematographer, think that any performer freaking out at a cameraman is off the hook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIaZUNKMDRw&feature=related

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation