FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:14 pm   Permalink

Following on from discussions from the last tiki art swap, the new theme has been decided - "Shrunken Heads and Headhunters". Now this seemed to be the majority vote, and its a fun theme to boot that caters for different mediums.

Soooo, the art can be any medium you want. Remember though, to think laterally about the theme! For example you could make a headhunter inspired lamp, and instead of using bamboo accents you could use plastic bones from Halloween decorations, like if it was made by a headhunter Think like a headhunter people!

THE DEADLINE IS APRIL 15 This gives you 2.5 months to get your ass into gear and make a piece of art.

The basics are:
* Participants all create an original piece of art on the theme
* The art can be anything you like (as long as it is original, no prints/moulded pendants etc), so it could be a painting, charcoal sketch, pastel art, a carving, a one off hand carved mug etc etc etc. Look at the links below to the previous swaps to get an appreciation of the variety of stuff you could make.
* Post your pics on this thread of the art you are making - to motivate everyone else to get involved!
* Post pics of your completed piece by the due date!!!
* All of the participants names will go into a hat, and be drawn out together. The list of swapping partners will be posted here. PM your swapping partner and exhange your postal details. Send your piece off and watch the mailbox like a hawk waiting for your art to arrive!
* Note - there is a reasonable chance that your creation will be sent overseas! You are responsible for postal costs of the item you create, so dont enter a 6 foot carving unless you're prepared to cover postage! One participant in the last swap got quoted an exorbient amount to post their piece with Fed Ex. By sending the same piece with US Postal Service, they saved themselves a huge amount of cash. Also, if you're looking to include real bone in your artwork, make sure it is suitably treated and cleaned to be acceptable for international customs checks - we dont want a piece confiscated by the feds because it contains a dirty bone (Kinny stop laughing ).

Check out the previous swaps for some inspiration:

PNG theme swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=32054&forum=18&start=0

Poly Pop Menu Cover Inspired Art Swap
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=33330&forum=18&start=0

[ This Message was edited by: hewey 2010-04-17 04:22 ]

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:26 pm   Permalink

WHOOHOO! Thanks Hewey!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 8:25 pm   Permalink

THANKS , for picking my suggestion and to the folks that expressed an intrest!
I cant wait to start on this,
now, where can i get a spare? Anybody?

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 9:30 pm   Permalink

I had an idea for something..lets see if 2.5 months is enough to get motivated!

Thanks Hewey!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 04:31 am   Permalink

I'm in and I'm gonna make it this time!

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 07:03 am   Permalink

I'm in!

I'm going to expand my creativity and go three-dimensional for this one...no flat painting.

Thanks hewey for going with the flow regarding the headhunter theme.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:12 am   Permalink

I'm in, working in a new medium and have a good idea already.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 3:11 pm   Permalink

cant wait to see the work!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 2:57 pm   Permalink

I'll start it off here.

Doesn't look like much, but I've been messing with some paper mache lately so I figured that would be a good medium to work in.

It will be little heads, it will be a pair, I won't say more until I have more to show.

I've got a couple of my paper mache things in my thread here, just to give an idea that these have a long way to go.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=31974&forum=7&start=last&17

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 4:50 pm   Permalink

well, ......since i have punked out on the last couple swaps, i'm in this time cause it's right up my alley.....and since i am the unofficial king of all things shrunken head, i will offer up one of my world famous shrunken head swag lamps, a $200 value... I can definately used some more shrunken head artwork for my home bar, "the headhunter hideaway".....

i'll jazz it up a bit to make something special, different than ones i've made before....this is my tentative submission....because the creative spark can strike any minute, i might come up with a different idea other than the lamp....we'll wait and see.....but for now, a lamp it will be.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2010-02-13 16:55 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 5:14 pm   Permalink

If Tipsy is entering one of his lamps I am sooooooooooo in!!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-13 7:05 pm   Permalink

I am planning a Gimme HeadII mug - suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price $5.97 + tax

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 09:29 am   Permalink

I'd pay $5.97 for that

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 6:21 pm   Permalink

I think i'll make a shrunken
kidnapped cheerleader head....

dirty bone....
teehee!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 7:08 pm   Permalink

did i say that out loud?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation