FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
Shrunken Heads and Headhunters Art Swap - Draw List p20
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 09:08 am   Permalink

Yeah! Ditto w/ above. What's up with this thread?

Before names were matched, the enthusiasm 'round here was infectious.

Today this thread appears infected. sick. dying.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-12 12:58 pm   Permalink

Our swap arrived from Hewey today. I will take photos soon and post them. I wish that Heweys photos of shrunken Elvis did it justice, it's far more wonderful in person. Good job Hewey. I hope that eventually every person who contributed will post photos showing the arts new home. This is part of the fun people. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-12 11:02 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay, Im trying to do too many things at once and
its a pain in the butt!!! I received my trades from Tikiville and Tiki Mango last week
and they are awesome. Thanks fellas, thank you so much! They are down in the studio
awaiting the tiki bar I am slowly working on right now. Tikiville you should have yours
about now and Ray I took some extra time on a fixing up a frame for it. Its in the mail.
Here are the pics. Pretty frikin sweet.

TikiMango's Musical head in a box. It works!

Tikiville's shrunken head #2 and some tiki goodies. Rad!

Here are my trade pieces final shots on the way out.

Shrunken Head #1

Shrunken Head #2

I hope you like'm fellas. Thanks again to Hewey and everyone
for a really cool swap!

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-13 4:00 pm   Permalink

MP thank you for posting your paintings together, I wanted to compare them so my wish came true. You are really good. Later tonight I'll post our photos of the shrunken Elvis, he's cool, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 4:09 pm   Permalink

MP,

Thanks for posting, man!

I agree with Wendy too - you are really good and your shrunken-head paintings ARE spectacular!!

(it was cool talkin'/hangin' out with you at Ben's Garage Sale. We'll have to meet up at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk sometime and take a few spins on the Giant Dipper.)

Cheers! G

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-05-13 5:01 pm   Permalink

THANK YOU HEWEY FOR THE WORK OF ART AND THE MAGAZINE. WE ARE HAPPY COLLECTORS. NEXT SWAP IS.....

My painting went to VanTiki

We got Heweys shrunken Elvis and a gift of a magazine with tikis and girls.

Back side of Elvis

and VanTikis went to Hewey.

Hey Hewey and VanTiki post your photos! Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2010-05-13 17:03 ]

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 6:25 pm   Permalink

I came home from work today and there was this package sitting on my front porch. First thought that ran through my mind was who packs a barkcloth shirt like this!? Then I saw the return address and got all giddy!

I have no tikified place of honor for this one yet, but you can be sure that when I do this will be front and center. MP, your work is great, and I was surprised on it's size. The frame is kick ass!!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 7:36 pm   Permalink

Wow!!

that's really (x,y,z) beyond the beyond !

Thanks for posting.

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 2:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Tiki 65! This shrunken head is SO COOL IN PERSON! He's not in his permenant location yet... I've a really special place for later... I've got to build it first!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-17 3:11 pm   Permalink

Great art everyone..I really loved the piece you got Bongo.

Shame that my supplies for my shruken head piece are still sitting in their bag from the craft store!

I am going to have to get in on the next one whenever that may be...Hewey?

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 2:39 pm   Permalink

got some photos of the TIKIGODZ PIECE!

and on the wall ....

MaHaLo BIG time!
and I just opened the MP swap so stay tuned ....

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 08:52 am   Permalink

Everybody's heads look so good

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-20 09:43 am   Permalink

Here is MPs hung up!

Mahalo to all the swap gods and postal carriers that get everyones art to their new homes

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cap'n Pharaoh
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-24 9:05 pm   Permalink

Here is some Pictures of the Totally gruesome...totally Awesome SHrunken head made by Blisskitchen.

It has taken me some time to post this so I do apologize to Bliss for the delay. His Shrunken Head is top notch, I even had a couple friends of mine who are experts in tribal art take a look and said, this head looks like the real deal.

here is the head in its new home

Bliss's Package also included items representing things from his home in New Mexico, A particular highlight was the two bags of Chili Powder, which is a very pleasant surprise as good southwestern chilies are hard to get here in Australia

The Cap'n & his first mate are stoked on this years art swap! I hope that the Art Swaps continue as it is a great way for Freaki Tikis from around the world to be a part of the Tiki community.

Thanks Bliss, Thanks Hewey!

View Profile of Cap'n Pharaoh Send a personal message to Cap'n Pharaoh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-24 9:09 pm   Permalink

Totally sad I missed this swap!! Very nice offerings!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation