[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Adventures on Ambien
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Adventures on Ambien
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:22 pm   Permalink

I have a prescription for Ambien, I take 1 or 2 a month. I haven’t slept well for the past few nights so I decided to take an Ambien last night. I usually take one and go straight to bed but last night I decided to take one last look at TC. My college-aged son came home later to find me sleeping on the keyboard, here is his account of our conversation:

Son: Hi Dad
Me: Go ahead and put the leaves over the water son.
Son: Uhh… you OK Dad?
Me: Yeah, I took an Ambien a while ago and I need to go to bed.
Son: That’s probably a good idea
Me: Look here, I can still take you anytime I want to!
Son: I’m sure you still have your wits about you.
Me: Yep, I’ve got them wrapped around me like a pair of pants.
Son: O..K..
Me: I was writing a letter but it doesn’t make any sense now. Hey, why is the computer screen concave?

Then I stumbled off to bed singing “What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor?”

******************************************************************************************

Anyone else care to share their embarassing Ambien moments?

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-01-03 07:58 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 7:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-09 19:22, MadDogMike wrote:
Anyone else care to share their embarassing Ambien moments?

All of my similar moments involve increasingly large quantities of alcohol, which is self-prescribed, so I don't think they exactly qualify for this conversation. Do they?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-09 8:57 pm   Permalink

By all means! Alcohol Augments Ambien Adventures

A few years back my brother was working night shift. Before going to bed for the day he took an Ambien and washed it down with a little Jack Daniels. About 2pm, he was awaken by the police knocking on his door. The neighbor had reported that he had run into their truck. He told the cops they were crazy, that he had been home sleeping all day. Unfortunately, the paint on his car's wrecked fender matched the mark left on the truck's bumper. After asking around, it turned out he had driven down to the corner liquor store to buy cigarettes. Funny thing was, he already had a full carton of cigarettes at home.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 10:09 pm   Permalink

wow funny stuff.

My Dad said that he sometimes talks to his buddy from the Vietnam war,
after 10 pm, when his buddy takes his ambien for the night.
he'll talk to him for 30 min or so.
If he talks to him the next day, he wont remember a thing they talked about.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 11:38 pm   Permalink

I've been tryin' to get Hanford to sell Ambian for the Tiki Central bar crawlers for years!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 08:24 am   Permalink

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 11:39 am   Permalink

You insomniacs are silly - I know of a COMPLETELY natural sleep aide with no evil, but extremely humorous after-the-fact, side effects - it's called MaryJane - she won't put you under so deep that when you DO go for a ride to the corner store for cigs and munchies in the middle of the night you won't forget! I know - it doesn't affect everyone the same way (I know some people who get the opposite effect from Ms. MJ) but it sure lets ME sleep like a baby! No go hit up your local dealer for dime bag and hit the hay!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-31 11:25 am   Permalink

That's some good advice beadtiki!
What where we talking about?

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 7:45 pm   Permalink

must find ambian black market. must sleep more than 4 hours. ugghhhh

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 8:27 pm   Permalink

boo and coffee aren't good for sleep..
but a mud mask and a nice relaxing bath
with Vivaldi's Four Seasons playing
always does the trick!

screw synthetic cure-alls for profit!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-31 10:04 pm   Permalink

my problem is "staying" asleep. i can fallasleep anywhere, anytime. 6 hrs would be da kine!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-09-02 3:30 pm   Permalink

most of my ebay purchases occur after I've taken my ambien for the night. I don't really remember buying them until they arrive in the mail. Then, it is like a nice gift from my subconscious!

Currently trying to wean myself off ambien after taking it every single day for a year now, and it's really really difficult and brutal.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-02 4:38 pm   Permalink

My wife is not allowed on the computer or in the studio after she's taken her Ambien

beverly1

Posted: 2011-11-02 03:32 am   Permalink

Ambien-use with caution This is all my experience: compared to almost any herb or supplement I've tried, Ambien is far more powerful. 20 minutes, BAM, you're asleep. HOWEVER: 1-it only lasts for 4 hours and then you have to take it again to get 8 hours sleep. 2-Ambien, to me, is like crack to a crack-head--it rapidly becomes addictive (mental first, then physical) as its effectiveness diminishes with constant use. 3-side effects include slight memory loss, grogginess. Conclusion: great for emergencies but I personally try never to take it 2 nights in a row or more than once a week. read more

[ This Message was edited by: beverly1 2011-11-07 06:17 ]

View Profile of beverly1 Send a personal message to beverly1  Goto the website of beverly1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-02 07:36 am   Permalink

Ambien is a benzodiazepine dirivative I think. Drugs like Versed, the one they put you out with for outpatient procedures, etc. Do not take for longer that say two or three weeks. Though not as bad as Xanax or valium, it will cause structural changes in your little GABA receptors, according to some.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation