[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New Exotica Band * Walk The Plank
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Exotica Band * Walk The Plank
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 11:57 am   Permalink

your first effort is really good! We are all looking forward to what you come up with next! Keep it up!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-14 2:53 pm   Permalink

I agree, good stuff, keep it up.
and good luck with your Hukilau gig.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-22 8:36 pm   Permalink

Kooper wants to play you on the Cocktail Nation...check your gmail for contact details.
KK

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-13 7:52 pm   Permalink

It was nice meeting you guys at the Hukilau. Good luck with exotica and welcome to the genre! Since you're in the Atlanta area, you should look up our friends Tongo-Hiti, and tell Mike we said aloha!

-Randy

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnyaBirri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 3:05 pm   Permalink

I saw these guys at Hukilau 2010 and really liked them - kind of minimalist, understated surf/exotica, very moody, perfect for a David Lynch film.

I especially liked the stuff with the quiet percussion.

Keep up the good work!

View Profile of OnyaBirri Send a personal message to OnyaBirri      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-14 3:09 pm   Permalink

LOVING the sounds on the myspace!

This is exactly what I'm talking about.. amazing surf tones, dark vibe, yet still upbeat..

perfect candidate for my Dark & Tiki compilation!

DARK&TIKI

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
walktheplanktiki

Posted: 2010-06-15 08:20 am   Permalink

We just want to say thank you to Christie and Brian and everyone else who helped put The Hukilau together this year. We had such an amazing time! From the kickoff party with the Woggles and the weekend with the Intoxicators (along with our James from El capitan at the Mai Kai for 4 songs!), the Neanderthals, Stolen Idols, the amazing Sweet Hollywaiians, Bikini Beachcomers, the DJs, dancers, Evan from Waitiki7, etc. - the entire event was amazing. We got to hang with Shag and Jeff Berry. We could go on and on. We had a blast.
Furthermore, we are in the midst of recording our full length album. Packaged inside of a cook book the currently titled "SURFOTICA" will be a trailblazing adventure of food and music being paired throughout. It will include techniques of cooking instruments, recipes, banter and images both vintage and modern.
Also, (I know we are wearing you all out) Neal Heckner the vice president of programming services of WPBT2 sent us the video montage of the tiki treasures that includes a couple songs from Walk The Plank as well as an interview with King Kukulele. Check it here
http://channel2.typepad.com/uvu/2010/06/hukilau-2010.html.
Thanks again for all of the support from all of our new friends and fans we had the pleasure meeting at Hukilau. Keep emailing us! Much love. Mahalo!!!

View Profile of walktheplanktiki Send a personal message to walktheplanktiki  Email walktheplanktiki Goto the website of walktheplanktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 10:06 am   Permalink

OnyaBirri: I told my wife the very same thing at the Mai Kai!!!

I've got a demo CD headed my way. Thanks, guys...

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
carlosrossi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-06-15 10:06, TikiHardBop wrote:
OnyaBirri: I told my wife the very same thing at the Mai Kai!!!

I've got a demo CD headed my way. Thanks, guys...

oooh! I want ins on a Demo CD!

DARK&TIKI

View Profile of carlosrossi Send a personal message to carlosrossi  Goto the website of carlosrossi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-15 11:56 am   Permalink

awesome. I like what I hear.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation