FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Surf Ohio FesTiki 2010 -- Aug. 14 in Dayton, Ohio
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Surf Ohio FesTiki 2010 -- Aug. 14 in Dayton, Ohio
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-06-19 04:00 am   Permalink

We have arranged a Festiki group rate at the Dayton Marriott, which is adjacent to Old River Park and walking distance to Festiki!

The rate is $99 a night -- a $10 discount from their standard $109 rate.

The info is posted on Festiki.com, but to save you a few clicks here is the reservation link. The group rate code is automatically applied using the link.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/DAYOH?groupCode=FSTFSTA&app=resvlink&fromDate=8/13/10&toDate=8/15/10

If the Marriott's rate is too steep, the Courtyard Dayton is just across the river. There's no group rate and you'll have to drive to the park, but it might save you another couple of bucks.

We look forward to seeing you at Festiki!

http://www.festiki.com

[ This Message was edited by: Hep 2010-06-19 14:42 ]

View Profile of Hep Send a personal message to Hep      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-07 07:24 am   Permalink

Rooms at the Marriott are going quick! We're excited to have so many out of town guests coming to Festiki!

For those who want a slightly cheaper option, here are reservation links for the Courtyard across the river from Old River Park. The links should take you to the reservation page with the group rate code (SOFSOFA) attached.

The Marriott is walking distance to the Festiki gate, but you will have to drive (or swim) from the Courtyard.

There are links for King rooms @ $ 89, Double Queen rooms @ $ 89 and King Water view rooms @ $ 95. If you get a response that says NO ROOMS available please try the alternate links, as that room type is sold out.

Here are the Courtyard links:

Two Queen beds, refrigerator @ $ 89.00 / night + tax:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/DAYUD?groupCode=SOFSOFB&app=resvlink&fromDate=8/13/10&toDate=8/15/10

King room with Sofa Sleeper, refrigerator @ $ 89.00 / night + tax: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/DAYUD?groupCode=SOFSOFA&app=resvlink&fromDate=8/13/10&toDate=8/15/10

King water view rooms @ $ 95 / night + tax: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/DAYUD?groupCode=SOFSOFW&app=resvlink&fromDate=8/13/10&toDate=8/15/10

View Profile of Hep Send a personal message to Hep      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-15 06:57 am   Permalink

The Surf Ohio 2010 schedule of events is posted at Festiki.com!

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/festiki/schedule.php

Also check out the latest news on our car show and vendors, and stay tuned for updates on the giant tropical-themed inflatable attractions in the family fun area.

Only one month to go!

YankeeAirPirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-16 07:07 am   Permalink

We'll be there.

View Profile of YankeeAirPirate Send a personal message to YankeeAirPirate  Email YankeeAirPirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-26 7:04 pm   Permalink

We are doing three baskets for the free raffle drawing at Festiki. Trust me, you are going to want to win one of these!

So far for the baskets we have ...

- A tiki carving by Lake Tiki
- Ceramic tiles from Tortuga Tile Works
- Surf Ohio swag
- Copies of Tiki Magazine
- Copies of the Continental magazine, including a 17-track surf music CD, from Double Crown Records
- Burt Rocket's "Savage Iceland" CD from Double Crown Records
- CDs by Space Cossacks, the Madeira, Nick Kizirnis, and Crazy Joe and the Mad River Outlaws
- Royer cocktail swizzles

More swag to come!

For more info, check out
www.festiki.com

Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-07-27 7:44 pm   Permalink

Hang ten on a mechanical surfboard! Marvel as an award-winning artist creates a 16-ton sand sculpture! There's plenty of fun for your ohana at Surf Ohio Festiki!

Check out the new "Family Fun" page at
www.festiki.com

bigdadytid

Posted: 2010-08-01 8:01 pm   Permalink

I plan on being there, I'm just down the road. I'll see if I can roll the 55 out

View Profile of bigdadytid Send a personal message to bigdadytid  Email bigdadytid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-04 04:25 am   Permalink

Aloha! We are doing three baskets for a free raffle drawing at Festiki. Trust me, you are going to want to win one of these!

So far for the baskets we have ...

- A tiki carving by Lake Tiki
- Mugs from PopTiki of Colorado
- Ceramic tiles from Tortuga Tile Works
- Surf Ohio swag
- Copies of Tiki Magazine
- Copies of the Continental magazine, including a 17-track surf music CD, from Double Crown Records
- Burt Rocket's "Savage Iceland" CD from Double Crown Records
- CDs by Space Cossacks, the Madeira, Vegas 66, Nick Kizirnis, and Crazy Joe and the Mad River Outlaws
- Royer cocktail swizzles
- Posters by FNHarsh Design
- T-shirts and Moai stress balls from Daddy Katz

We'll see you Aug. 14 at Surf Ohio Festiki in Dayton, Ohio!

http://www.festiki.com

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-08 11:52 pm   Permalink

Stoked to be a part of the fun Saturday!

I'll have lot's of great new tiki items with a "surf" theme!

I'll also be carving tikis all day in my booth!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2010-08-08 23:54 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hep
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-10 12:54 pm   Permalink

Lake ~ We're looking forward to seeing both you and your latest work at Festiki!

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-12 02:59 am   Permalink

Unfortunately I messed up my knee and will be laid up.
So I can't attend or vend this weekend.
Did get some great meds though.
Too bad, I had a bunch o lights ready.
Have fun all.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-12 1:01 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to this show! I'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed! Or at least as bushy as about 5 hours of sleep, followed by a 3 hour drive will allow. Either way it's going to be a great time!

View Profile of nicholauslee Send a personal message to nicholauslee  Goto the website of nicholauslee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-08-16 12:18 pm   Permalink

So I admit - I wimped out after the 3rd round of rain on Saturday and split. How was the rest of the evening? Did all of the bands get to play? How thin did the crowd get?

I tried to spend as much money as I could between rains since the vendors at this years event had lots of good stuff!!

Would be interested in some reviews of the day.

Tikimitch

View Profile of tikimitch Send a personal message to tikimitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 12:27 pm   Permalink

Then you truly missed out. Not sure when the last rain ended, but the rest of the night turned into something simply enchanting. The bands were phenominal, the fire dancers unbelievable and they even worked it out with the park to keep the festivities going a little later than planned. I wish I had time to go into detail, but suffice to say...it only got better as the evening went on. Great job Festiki!

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 07:46 am   Permalink

A few views from the BLAST that was FESTIKI 2010!!!!!

Bands
a Giant Tiki walking around
a Tiki-themed putt-putt course
Tiki carvers
Fabulous vendors
Car show
Inflatable wavs slide & Robo-Surf
Hula
Fire dancers/breathers
& even custom event swizzles

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation