FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Los Straitjackets, Big Sandy, & The Hula Girls at the Galaxy 4/09/10!! (NOW UPDATED WITH PHOTOS!)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Los Straitjackets, Big Sandy, & The Hula Girls at the Galaxy 4/09/10!! (NOW UPDATED WITH PHOTOS!)
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 10:47 pm   Permalink

Hey friends! We just got official word that The Hula Girls will be opening for the world famous surf instrumentalists, Los Straitjackets, and Anaheim rockabilly legends, Big Sandy and the Fly Rite Boys. My buddies, The Graceland Mafia, are on the bill too!

We're really excited to be playing this show, but a condition of us being on the bill is that we help sell tickets. If you'd like to see this show, please buy the tickets from me. Every ticket that we sell, helps us show that we can bring people to The Galaxy. In turn, it could help us with future shows there or at The Coach House.

The date is April 9th. Tickets are $13 presale and $15 at the door. If you buy tickets from me, they are only 10 bucks.
Email me at
mmarble949@yahoo.com and I'll send you a link to pay through Paypal. The tickets will be mailed out either the same day, or the following day.

This is gonna be an amazing show. Don't miss it! And don't wait to get your tickets!

Some really cool video clips to get you going.....
Los Straitjackets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls9-smAgSRI
Big Sandy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQbMpcdFQ4w
The Hula Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sYtk2EYsR4

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-03-07 23:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2010-03-29 18:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: luckydesigns 2010-04-14 21:49 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-19 12:21 am   Permalink

Sounds like a good show.

The Galaxy Theatre
3503 S Harbor Blvd, Santa Ana, California 92704

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2010-02-19 00:54 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sunb
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-19 07:27 am   Permalink

The Galaxy is a GREAT venue - seen many shows there.

Sounds like it will be a good show and so close to home too.

View Profile of goddess-sunb Send a personal message to goddess-sunb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-19 09:20 am   Permalink

Can't pass up a chance to see Los Straitjackets. Because of work, though, Friday night will make it a challenge for us to get from Burbank to Anaheim but if we can, I'll order up some tickets from you.

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 10:38 am   Permalink

Great! By the way, the venue is actually in Santa Ana... It's a really great, big theater. Cool place to see a show. I can't even count the number of times I've been in that room. Good times!

By the way, I will have tickets available at Don the Beachcomer next Monday night. I'm also working on a poster for the show. They'll be hand screened in my garage, once I finalize the design.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 12:16 pm   Permalink

If you were not aware, Lucky Designs is one of the main graphic artists for one of the biggest surfwear companies in the world. His art is HIGHLY collectible. Any flyer he makes is probably something you will want to own!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 2:37 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a great show, guys! I'm putting it on my calendar!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 3:45 pm   Permalink

Im game!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 3:54 pm   Permalink

Sweet. We're just figuring out how many tickets we need, guys. Will definitely buy them through Spike when we have a number.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kitty 2010-02-19 16:58 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 4:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mick, you're too kind....
'61 Surf, let me know when you'd like to buy the tickets and I can meet you somewhere to get them to you. No sweat at all... Maybe Don's next Monday?
Deanna, stoked you guys are gonna make the scene!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 6:04 pm   Permalink

COOL!!

ahem, the LSJ's are not surf.
just quoting them.

but I will be there for sure,
and I will get a tic from you on monday.

AND I will post this on the surf form,
and tell them if anyone needs tix to get it from you.

see ya soon.
Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 8:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Jeff........aaaand I'm gonna call them AND The Ventures 'surf', and you'll just have to accept it. I know they call themselves 'instrumentalists' and you're a stickler for it but....there it is.

Hey, by the way, would you mind explaining the difference between 'instrumental' bands and 'surf' bands? The Ventures did a ton of 'surf' music and so do Los Straitjackets.... What are the stipulations that define the different genres? I'm sincerely interested....

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 9:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-19 10:38, Luckydesigns wrote:
Great! By the way, the venue is actually in Santa Ana... It's a really great, big theater. Cool place to see a show. I can't even count the number of times I've been in that room. Good times!

By the way, I will have tickets available at Don the Beachcomer next Monday night. I'm also working on a poster for the show. They'll be hand screened in my garage, once I finalize the design.

I like how you're "Old School-ing your Posters!!!"

in the Garage...

Awesome!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 9:38 pm   Permalink

YES!!!!

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-20 10:04 am   Permalink

Are you guys opening up for them on 4/10 in San Diego when they play at the Casbah? My brother and I plan on going to that show.

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation