Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Monkey Shoulder
Monkey Shoulder
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 06:37 am   Permalink

Does anybody know where to buy this in the US? If it's any good, I think the name along should make the drinks a whole lot more fun. I mean, who wouldn't love a Monkey Manhattan?

http://www.monkeyshoulder.com/

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-20 09:55 am   Permalink

I would treat monkey shoulder just like a pork roast - rub it down with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. Poke some holes in it and stuff garlic cloves in there, roast at 350 until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. DO NOT serve rare, monkey meat is known to carry parasites

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-02-20 3:54 pm   Permalink

I don't think that Monkey Shoulder is actually imported to the US. You can order it from overseas, you can get it in some duty free stores at the airport. But get it in a liquor store somewhere? Good luck. If anyone does find it post here and let me know. It is damn good stuff!

Monkey Shoulder, BTW, is names after an affliction that distillery workers would get from pushing the shovels that turn the barly ion the malting floors. Kind of like carpel tunnel or tennis elbow.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-21 01:29 am   Permalink

Monkey Shoulder is really nice, very smooth and nutty without the slightly medicinal taste that some malts have.
Have you checked out the Treehouse that we built for them on the website.
http://www.monkeyshoulder.com/monkeyshoulder.php?snd=y&destination=undefined

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation