FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Wendy Cevola Finished Projects updated 8/27/18
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
Wendy Cevola Finished Projects updated 8/27/18
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-20 06:22 am   Permalink

A rustic Tiki Bob for Todd Sieber.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-21 06:28 am   Permalink

Wish List #8. War God Island for Vance Klinke. The design is by RVictor. With permission I can make as many as are ordered. This is number 2.

The top of the War God (by Joniece Frank of Frankoma Pottery) is for holding dry ice or a flaming rum soaked sugar cube.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-24 6:40 pm   Permalink

Wish List #8. American Gothic Tiki Bob set for Bruce Dewing.

I made a ceramic pitchfork and a friend made a wooden and metal one. It was better so all the photos show it in the farmers hand.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-25 06:13 am   Permalink

I have Tiki Bob's leaving my home at a fast past. This is Space Bob or he is Galactic Bob, or Spacy Bob or ?

He belongs to Frank Ortiz.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-27 08:26 am   Permalink

Wish List #8 the Bumatay Mermaid Bowls.

Number 1 was made last year for Dan but sold to Karen Nichols

Number 2 is for Alex Dulude. I forgot to take my black velvet photos of this one.

Number 3 is for James Dinwiddie II

Number 4 is for Lee Scott aka Tiki Lee

Number 5 is for Ken and Kim McCormick.

Number 6 is for Eric Allred. I've been learning while doing these. Sculpting is the easy part. Glazing is really hard. sometimes you can't get the glaze in place or when you do it then travels as it fires. Check the hair where it reaches the shoulders. I re-glazed this several times and in the end I had to paint hair around the base. Eric was fine with it. I wish I could have done better. I will never make hair with an under-cut again.

Number 7 is for Roger Scott.

Number 8 is for Alex Reaney.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-29 7:48 pm   Permalink

I love doing Papua New Guinea Tiki Bob's. Here's a new one.

I decided that the PNG Bob didn't look right without the classic Tiki Bob white face so I fixed it.

A better Tiki Bob from Papua New Guinea. SOLD!

Since I had to also fire it again I added more color to the Cassowary whisk broom.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-10-15 13:35 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-08-31 7:56 pm   Permalink

I made a Cell Phone Tower Tiki Bob but everyone thought it was an octopus tentacle. I'll have to do that next.
Bought by Mark Sellers.

OceaOtica
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-09-04 4:47 pm   Permalink

Digggin the Bobs, Wendy. That bric a brac one at the top is fantastic. Cheers!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-06 2:39 pm   Permalink

Psycho Tiki D is a friend who lives close by. I recently gave him a gift and he has used it to start a new thread. I hope it is successful because I would love to see photos of my art in homes.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=53012&forum=5&6

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-06 2:40 pm   Permalink

OceaOtica Thank you. Those take forever to glaze and I ended up doing it all a second time but in the end it's worth it.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-09-07 08:22 am   Permalink

The Sacramento Crawl mug for October 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2018.

A friend posted photos showing how the little side pots look when lit. She used bread soaked in liquor. She said the flames lasted a very long time.

Now it' looks like a real volcano. Just add some dry ice to the inside and it's really going to be fun.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2018-10-16 19:12 ]

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 6 days ago; 07:51 am   Permalink

A tiki Bob and Bobette set for Bill Beierle. Another Wish fulfilled.

Off they went to their new home.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:12 am   Permalink

Anniversary mugs for Trey Goodwin. Cheers!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation