FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Humuhumu Roll Call -- OC Tiki Tour on Thurs, 5/8
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Humuhumu Roll Call -- OC Tiki Tour on Thurs, 5/8
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 3:47 pm   Permalink

My Great American Tiki Road Trip will be taking me through the Land of the Hoiti and the Toiti on the way to the Oasis. There's been some rumblings about taking me on a tour of the local tiki sights, including Sam's Seafood, Tiki Ti and Bamboo Ben's. I need to get at least some of the arrangements worked out soon, as I'm hitting the open road this Saturday the 2nd at about noon.

Who cares to join me? In particular, would one of you be able to be my Official Hoiti Toiti Tour Guide? I'd like to make sure someone there has my cell phone number.

Humuhumu
stentiki (maybe)
hula hula
Tiki_Bong
Traderpup
PolynesianPop
Luckydesigns
laney
inkylouise (in spirit)

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-05-01 12:13 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 5:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Humu,

Would love to tour you around on Thursday but I will be on a plane heading home from Boston.

Perhaps if you and the Hoiti Toities end up at Sam's later that evening, I might join you there as it is only 10 minutes from the Stentiki Hut.

If not, I look forward to meeting you at Tiki Oasis.

Cool itinerary. You're gonna have a blast!

STEN

Show Me The Moai!

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-04-29 17:17 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 5:18 pm   Permalink

This'll be a afternoon/evening thing, as it's a weekday, and I'll be making the loooong drive down from the Bay Area that morning. If you'd like, Sten, you can email me with your phone #, and I'll call from my cell when we get to Sam's so you can meet us if you feel up to it.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 5:21 pm   Permalink

I know this is a difficult question to answer but what time will you be at Tiki Ti? I'm planning to have dinner with friends in nearby Silverlake, and we want to go to Tiki Ti afterwards.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 5:21 pm   Permalink

Cool!

Hopefully, I will be bringing back NYC greetings for you from Inkylouise and Manic Cat.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 7:09 pm   Permalink

id love to be your guide, oops, forgot about that restraining order.

J/k but im gonna be in late thurday night too so im gonna have to call polypop to find out where you guy are when I get into town.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 9:07 pm   Permalink

Okay, we'll be at Tiki Ti at about 9pm or so.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-30 11:10 am   Permalink

Hey OC Tiki peeps,

Even though it is the night before all hell breaks loose at Tiki Oasis, are we gonna show Humuhumu around or what?

Post here with ideas. There's always drinks at Bongs Tiki Hut.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 11:33 am   Permalink

Alright, Bong to the rescue! I was starting to think you Hoiti Toitis were too good for me.

Seriously, it is the day before Oasis, and I totally understand if folks wanna rest up for the big weekend. I'll just meet up with whoever isn't a big sissy-pants.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 12:47 pm   Permalink

I'd be more than happy to join in on the Thursday events!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-04-30 12:51 pm   Permalink

Shoot- I was posting to this yesterday and the computer crashed, and then I forgot that it never went through.

I'd like to build up a mass of tiki peeps at the Tiki Ti on Thursday nite (Thki Shock & Awe!). I was thinking about much earlier (say 6:00) so we can get into the damn thing. Nine seems like we'll be in a line and crowded.

However, I've never seen the Royal Hawaiian- is it worth a trip down? Can they match the superb taste sensation of the Ti?

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-30 1:17 pm   Permalink

Hey, this old dog needs to keep it in OC on Thursday night. If you youngins' are gonna hit Tiki Ti, well, after my Metamucil and rum drink, I'll be sleeping.

BUT, if you want to party like it's 2003 in OC, see me.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 2:12 pm   Permalink

What if we hit Tiki Ti as early as possibe for a quickie, and then head for OC? Is that just craziness, will we end up in nasty rush hour traffic? Otherwise, I might be more inclined to stick to OC. I know that means we'll miss paranoid123 -- I don't suppose you'd be able to consider doing Tiki Ti before your dinner?

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2003-04-30 14:16 ]

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 2:55 pm   Permalink

Humu,
A Tiki Ti to Sam's Seafood trek is quite a trip in itself. If people are preferring to meet up in OC, then I'm game. Sam's Seafood is a great must-see if you've never been there. Plus, they have a drink named after us - The Tiki Central! Count me in. I'll check this post for meeting time.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 6:39 pm   Permalink

Woah! Everybody stop! How did this get so far along with out me seeing this? I believe that maybe a Bong's hut to Sam's thing may sound kinda nice. Bong's bar is very much worth seeing and just down the street from Sam's. I love inviting people to Bong's with out his permission. Maybe the Menehunes can cook something up too.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation