FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Humuhumu Roll Call -- OC Tiki Tour on Thurs, 5/8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Humuhumu Roll Call -- OC Tiki Tour on Thurs, 5/8
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 6:45 pm   Permalink

I'd be game to meet Thurs. at Sam's. Will they stay open a little later, maybe 10:30? There's other places on Main for drinks later-Aloha Grill, Tuna Town??? SCD you too?

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 7:32 pm   Permalink

I don't know about those places. I heard the sushi isn't very good there.

....now where did I hear that?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 7:47 pm   Permalink

Instigator!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-30 9:31 pm   Permalink

humuhumu...another reason to wish i wuz a hoity toity!

I see more hula in your future...you better save your energy for hukilau!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 03:58 am   Permalink

Hey Luckyd why don't we all just hit Billy's after? Now that's a hoity toity experience!

Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-01 09:05 am   Permalink

Laney,

Maybe you're right about 'Tuna Town. I tell you what, how's about we all meet you there about 9:00 or 10:00 after we have some drinks and music at Bong's Tiki Hut

See you there!

(all other's, I'll email you with itinerary...)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 09:05 am   Permalink

I'd offer to open the Bamboo Ben store for you's all inbetween the trek but, we'll be at the Tropics pounding nails into Bamboo! Have fun and we'll see you's out in da desert.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

laney wrote:
There's other places on Main for drinks later-Aloha Grill, Tuna Town??? SCD you too?

I already let Humuhumu know by PM that I'll be in Palm Springs Thursday morning.

You're going to give up your "Survivor" night? I guess as long as Tuna Town is on the schedule, right Laney?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 12:10 pm   Permalink

Alright, it sounds like Tiki Ti is out for me(sorry paranoid123 & martiki6!). Bong's & then Sam's sounds like a great plan. But please don't make me go to Billy's! Unless laney & I find ourselves in a kicking-asses mood.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-01 12:32 pm   Permalink

Allright,

Unless things change by next Thursday, we can do drinks for Humuhumu and my hut, and then head over to Sam's.

Ah..., er..., and ah..., Laney we'll meet you at Tuna Town around 12:00 or so.

My hut around 7:00 folks. Those that are going probably already know where it is. If not let me know and I'll email you directions.

Unlike all the other gigs at my hut, except for Humuhumu, anyone coming please bring a bottle of dark or gold rum (not required, as I have a few liters) and I'll take care of the mixers, etc...

Humu, I'll email you directions.

Aloha

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2003-05-02 23:12 ]

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 5:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Humu,

Regarding Billy's, nothing really to fear if you don't mind big time hoiti toitiness. They do make a mean Navy Grog and from what little I recall, their mai tais were pretty tasty.

Me and mine went back last Friday and the bartender working that day was pretty cool. Great decor -- bamboo matting, tapa, Hawaiiana, Leetegs, and two Marquesan style tikis greet you at the door.

I doubt if you'll have time for all that, but they were a lot nicer to me when I was not trying to steal their mai tai glasses. You'll be in good hands with Bong at his hut and at Sam's. If Tiki wills it, I'll see you all there.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-03 12:41 pm   Permalink

Okay, I see this is becoming an Orange County evening and that's cool. I always have a good time down there with you fine southerners. But just incase you want to visit the absolute pinnacle and apex of tiki bars, Tiki-Ti, they will be open and later in the evening our good friend King Kukulele will be performing with his band The Friki Tikis at Taix Restaurant only 2 miles away. Tiki-Ti is at 4427 Sunset Blvd. and Taix is at 1911 Sunset Blvd. Could make for a fun and completely entertaining night. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Welcome to California where a big problem is that there's too much to do!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-03 2:27 pm   Permalink

I'll probably be up for a trip to Tiki Ti, let's see where the night leads us. I'm leaving right now, so I'll see you guys at Bong's!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-04 04:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

You're going to give up your "Survivor" night? I guess as long as Tuna Town is on the schedule, right Laney?

Actually no. Survivor night is my special night with my son. Since I get extra snuggles (rare when you have a hard headed, independant, boy) I will stay home for our Survivor (it's getting down to the wire too only that show before the last episode) That's why I was wondering how late Sam's would stay open. We'll see how things go, I'd love to meet up with everyone at Sam's but wouldn't be able to make it out there until after 9:30 at the earliest, which is why I suggested after Sam's drinking spots. I may just hit Tiki-Ti instead, I've never been there.
Humuhumu, I was hoping to pick up some single guys with you as we'd be, pretty much, the only single tiki nerd ladies in hoity-toity land. Have a great trip, if I don't get a chance to meet you, Laney

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2003-05-04 04:51 ]

weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-04 12:22 pm   Permalink

On Thursday at Taix, King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis will take the stage at midnight. Very hip.

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation