FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Humuhumu Roll Call -- OC Tiki Tour on Thurs, 5/8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Humuhumu Roll Call -- OC Tiki Tour on Thurs, 5/8
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-05 11:19 am   Permalink

Thursday is shaping up to be a busy night! Here's an itinerary to keep us in line so we can squeeze everything in:

6:00pm - Drinks/Dinner at Royal Hawaiian - 331 N. Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach

7:30ish - Drinks and special private performance with the Smokin' Menehune's at Bong's Hut - email Bong directly for directions.

9:30pm - Sam's Seafood - 16278 S. Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach

And, if you're still up to it --

11:30pm - King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis at Taix - 1911 W. Sunset Blvd, Hollywood

Can't wait to get the weekend started early!!!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-05 13:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-05-07 14:10 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-06 12:16 am   Permalink

I'll be looking for a cheap place to stay near Bong's/Sam's. Any suggestions for reasonable accomodation?

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-06 12:47 am   Permalink

Johnnie and Lady Velour will be at Sams for all the hoti toti-ness. We wont have time to get down to to the Royal Hawaiian, I am usually working 'till 6:00.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-06 09:31 am   Permalink

Martin,

There's a inexpensive (read cheap) hotel right across the street from Bamboo Ben's shop, which is about 2 blocks from my hut.

They don't take, nor do you need, reservations. And if you're in need of any lovin' or medications, those are easily available out in front of the hotel.

A number of TC'ers stayed there after OC Tiki Crawl III.

Aloha

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-05-06 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-05-05 11:19, PolynesianPop wrote:
Here's an itinerary to keep us in line so we can squeeze everything in:

Man Pop, what a control freak. Hey, bring the conch shell so we don't 'blow it' (ha ha).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-07 10:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha Hoiti Toities!!

While chatting with Humuhumu last night at Trader Vic's, I realized that since I have to go visit my mother in Visalia this week, I could...possibly...take the OC Tour as well!!!

I mean, it's only a LEETLE way further, right???!! Yes, it IS.

Humuhumu gave me her # and offered to share a hotel room Thursday night, so I anticipate being able to make it. Here's hoping!!

Thus far, I see that we are to meet at Bong's, correct? In case Humu and I miss each other, I'm going to send him a private message for directions...anyway, it should all work out fine.

Is six pm at the Royal Hawaiian still set?

can't wait,

travelling tikivixen

p.s. Martin, perhaps we can all stay at that No-tell Motel near Bong's??

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:25 am   Permalink

I should be able to make Sam's, and maybe Bong's as well. I'm afraid I will not be able to amke Royal Hawaiian, though. Since I am going to miss Oasis through my own stupidity and procrastination, Sam's will make for a nice consolation.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:38 am   Permalink

Vixen, if you get this in time, we'll see you for drinks (yea!) and we'll protect each other at the no-tell motel.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:47 am   Permalink

Sounds good, Martin! I've sent you a private e-mail with my cellphone number...

See ya soon!

--Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 12:25 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. For those of you who haven't seen Bong's bar yet, you're in for something else! -I mean that the bar is really great, not that there is something else to see. WooHoo, Tiki Oasis starts here!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 1:47 pm   Permalink

Lucky, there is something else to see. It is the dining set Bong gave his wife that will supposedly make up for abandoning her and the kids for Mother's Day and her birthday!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-08 2:01 pm   Permalink

Oh, THAT'S how he gets away with it. He buys her off with furniture.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation