FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Mr Tiki III
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Mr Tiki III
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 10:25 am   Permalink

LOL, I will fix that

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 2:26 pm   Permalink

Yesterday afternoon Mr. TIki II arrived in Colorado. To help him relax from his long trip, I took him into the Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar.

I made him a Mai Tai with two of my favorite rums: Lemon Hart 151 and Blackwell - Black Gold - Special Reserve.

Today I had to go into Denver so I took him along to show him a few of the sights. The first stop was the Adrift Tiki Bar.

Carlos, the bartender is showing Mr. Tiki the backside of the bar.

I then took Mr. Tiki II down the street to one of Colorado's newest Tourist Attractions, "The Recreational Pot Shop."

There is a bar in Denver that sells tiki drinks. I've seen it on the Internet and they advertised in the last issue of "Tiki Magaize & More."

I have not been to it previously so I thought I would take Mr. Tiki II and check it out. The bar is actually called "The Hangar Bar." It was built in the 1950s and is your typical corner bar. It used to be a place service men would hang out at when there was an air force base near by. Hanging from the ceiling is an airplane made out of beer cans.

One corner of the bar has tiki decorations so that must be Lulu's Tiki Lounge.

We both ordered a Mai Tai and it wasn't bad. They used Crème de Almond, which I had never tried before. I usually use Trader Vic's Orgeat Syrup. I also like the special tiki glass they used - "Go Broncos."

This weekend I'm working on the home tiki bar hanging bamboo board. Here is Mr. Tiki II helping out.

I also use him to hold the bamboo while I cut the bamboo trim.

If you would like to see more of the "Aloha Theater and Tiki Bar" it is the home tiki bar section.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42941&forum=20&126

On Wednesday I'm going skiing so I'll show Mr. Tiki II some or the sights in the mountains. I think the Wailua King is also going with us. On Thursday I'll send Mr. Tiki II on to his next destination.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 11 days ago; 6:03 pm   Permalink

MaukaHale, thank you for hosting Mr Tiki and for showing him a good time. It's good to see him enjoying the road Tiki lifestyle again. Can't wait to see how he skis and to see where he goes next.
Pauly, I put Pittsburgh on the Tiki map

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 5:53 pm   Permalink

On Mr Tiki's last day in Colorado I took him skiing at Copper Mountain. On the way up we made a quick stop in Idaho Springs to visit Steve Canyon.

In 1947 Idaho Springs was awash in post-WWII patriotism and convinced the Federal Government to erect this $12,000 statue. In case you don't know who Steve Canyon is; he's a cartoon character.

Mr Tiki skiing at 12,000 ft.

He did pretty good. He only did a face plant once.

I was able to get him to the post office by 4:30 so he's on his way to his next destination. Word has it that he may be on his way to a South Sea Island!

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 9 days ago; 6:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 9 days ago; 6:26 pm   Permalink

VERY COOL!!! I don't think he'd been skiing before.
South Sea Island? Sounds mysterious!

Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 08:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-19 18:03, MadDogMike wrote:

Pauly, I put Pittsburgh on the Tiki map

Man, you lied.... or you seriously don't know where Pittsburgh is

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 8 days ago; 11:14 am   Permalink

LOL I have no idea where Pittsburgh is except it's somewhere northeast of me. This is the map I used

You gotta give me a quarter inch leeway, did I at least get the right state?

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 11:43 am   Permalink

I can't believe this is the first time I've looked at this thread! I would love to give you cause to stick a pin in North Carolina! I promise to show Mr. Tiki a good time!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 8 days ago; 8:30 pm   Permalink

JenTiki, glad you found us
Each recipient picks where Mr Tiki will go next but posting a comment here is a great way to lobby for a visit from him.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 6:45 pm   Permalink

Nice to see Mr. Tiki II back in circulation.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 07:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-22 11:14, MadDogMike wrote:
LOL I have no idea where Pittsburgh is except it's somewhere northeast of me. This is the map I used

You gotta give me a quarter inch leeway, did I at least get the right state?

That map looks great MadDog!
But this is the one on the first page:

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 4 days ago; 10:32 am   Permalink

Pauly you have an old cached image, maybe try to refresh?

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 2:35 pm   Permalink

Great to see my old friend Mr.Tiki II back in circulation again. Hopefully he finds his way to everyone who loves this thread!

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation