FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 Next Page )
Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-04 11:07 am   Permalink

Took Mr. Tiki out for one last time.
We went to the G and R grill for their famous bologna sandwich.

Mr. Tiki is drinking and smoking and hanging out with the younger crowd that smoke and drink.

Back in our day Babies used to smoke and drink and they turned out fine.

Then we went to Windward Passage.
The next day Mr. Tiki was on his way - that's going to be one long bumpy ride hung-over and in a box.
Good luck Mr. Tiki....

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-04 4:25 pm   Permalink

Love that large Moai from Kahiki in the yard. Well that looked like a fun quick trip for Mr. tiki.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-04 5:28 pm   Permalink

You RAWK Skip!!! Kinda sad to see him at Walgreens

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-04 7:26 pm   Permalink

I wanted to show the kahiki saga, You will see Mr. Tiki at many tiki bars.

But, at that Walgreens when I drove by I thought man there is usually an accident here.
As I drove back, There was an accident there.
Did go into that Walgreens to see if they had the nerve to sell Kahiki eggrolls and when I asked they said "We only sell the upscale Walgreens brand" HA!

That was a crappy part of town.
Now it's a super crappy part of town.

Don't shop Walgreen's!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-05 07:51 am   Permalink

tikiskip you gave Mr. Tiki the royal treatment. The photos you posted were terrific. The box idea is a lot of fun. Thank you.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-05 08:44 am   Permalink

So with the box idea also comes the opportunity for us to send a small gift solely for the benefit of the next recipient. Tiki matchbooks from places near us, or napkins, who knows?

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-05 11:34 am   Permalink

Thanks Hilda, mike, Wendy, and Ace.

"send a small gift solely for the benefit of the next recipient"
Well I put two swizzle sticks in the box and those are for Mr.Tiki™
Kind of an offering to the tiki god.

He will go on and others will add to it.
So in the end he will have all this stuff in his box that will serve as a
memory of where he has been.
Plus it will be fun for the new host to see all of Mr. Tiki™ stuff as he moves along.

I know the box will fill up one day hopefully, we can deal with that then.

BUT, I also sent some host gifts with Mr. Tiki™ for the new host to keep.
Mr. Tiki™ likes to go out, party and can get annoying at times, but he still
has some manners, and his mom taught him to never come empty handed.

Mike, is it true that the chip in Mr. Tiki™ can also let you listen in on where he's at?
I Kid.
Mike thought we were at the UPS store, but that is right next door to Windward Passage, if he could listen in he would have heard a bunch of old people talking about their aches and pains.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2018-03-05 11:37 ]

Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-05 9:53 pm   Permalink

Mr. Tiki is back and better than ever. Hopefully the rest of us can show him half as good a time as you did, Skip.

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-08 6:28 pm   Permalink

Look who came to visit the Lagoon of Mystery! It's Mr. Tiki IV! (I don't know what Skip gave him to smoke, but he's got one nasty hacking cough...)

www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-08 7:31 pm   Permalink

Whoooohoooo! Prikli Pear, you are host number 40. I have updated the list and map on page 1 of this thread
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-08 7:54 pm   Permalink

I have to say, hosting Mr. Tiki isn't quite what I expected. He came bearing gifts--actual swizzles and napkins from the late, lamented Kahiki, plus some other swag I think he lifted when TikiSkip wasn't looking. I'm not sure if Mr. Tiki is generous or just a klepto.

Regardless, Mr. Tiki was thirsty after his long trip (he got lost there for a couple of days, to the surprise of no one). I took him out to the Lagoon of Mystery, where he was excited to see I had the new Sippin' Safari 10th anniversary edition. I made him a Kamehameha punch, but once he learned I had no fresh blackberries for garnish, he refused to drink it (I think Mr. Tiki is one of them there "purists" I see mentioned here on occasion).

www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-09 06:16 am   Permalink

Well this Mr. Tiki is going to be trouble, he was born under a bad sign.
Sent him Priority Mail and was told he would be there on Monday but he arrived on Thursday.

Glad he made it for the trip you all are taking.
Odd thing is the tracking chip in Mr. Tiki blacked out for some time in transit and the USPS tracking was kinda sketchy as well.

This guy has supernatural powers.

Good luck!

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-03-09 08:17 am   Permalink

He stopped at a bar on the way and had to sleep off the hangover the next day before he continued on. Mr. Tiki is an alcoholic. You guys are only enabling him, taking him to tiki bars.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-03-09 1:20 pm   Permalink

You may be right GROG.

But, if not for the drinkers and over drinkers there would be no Tiki Oasis no Forbidden Island or Mai Kai, etc.....

I don't even think many high end restaurants would be able to stay open if it were not for the large sums of money they make off of booze.

Drinking iced tea and going to places for the music won't pay the bills.

Support tiki, Drink.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-03-09 2:39 pm   Permalink

I can't believe it's been 2 and a half years since I hosted Mr. Tiki II......time flies!

I just caught up with his misadventures, possible kidnapping and subsequent replacement. The newest incarnation is great. Good job as usual Mike! I'm curious how the tile will work out. I didn't know they worked clear across the country. I'm glad we revived (although I can take no credit) this activity. I always enjoy seeing what the guy has been up to and where he's been. If only I could travel so easily!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki  Email LoriLovesTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation