FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Mr Tiki IV
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 Next Page )
Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Mr Tiki IV
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-10 10:47 pm   Permalink

UPDATE:

Mr. Tiki has locked himself in my home bar, and has barricaded the entry. I hear lots of bottles moving around, and a few loud crashes. I've been digging my way in through the concrete and hope to make it through by tomorrow. Thankfully he is mounted on a piece of wood which makes navigation a little bit more difficult.

Thankfully, there's more rum in there than Mr. Tiki can most likely handle- at least by evidenced by his time at the Bali Hai and his first visit to the home bar. FIngers/ bottles/ mugs are crossed!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-05-11 12:31 am   Permalink

The little buggar!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-05-15 10:19 am   Permalink

Tiki Ano you sure know how to show a guy (Mr. Tiki) a good time with lots of Ohana. I so glad that MadDogMike resurrected him. He's go more fun ahead of him I can tell. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-16 9:08 pm   Permalink

Ano- Im guessing hes having fun!
Hope u hid the good rum,
But Im guessing he will find it

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-17 9:55 pm   Permalink

I've been swamped with work, and had to bring a few friends to get Mr. Tiki out of the Forbidden Maya Tai (home bar)- he had barricaded himself inside, and was either taking selfies with the mug collection, or drinking all the rum, or both. What a sneaky tiki!

I finally got him out for a little sight seeing here in San Diego...

For some reason, he wanted to check out the wrong side of the tracks (his words, not mine)... (this view is from Barrio Logan, looking north to downtown San Diego).

Then he tagged along with me to work one day as we catered a big convention...

With a toddler at home, it's hard to take Mr. Tiki out at night to explore the town (besides, it seems he's sworn off alcohol after spending a week decimating the stock in my own bar). I dragged him down to Pacific Beach (close to home) to check out The Grass Skirt. I had hoped to take him inside, but alas, they opened at 5, a few hours away, so we hung outside...

I showed him some of OB Tiki's work that you can see from the exterior.

We then checked the surf at the Pier. Since Mr. Tiki has been cruising around, I felt a little ocean breeze from the Pacific would be important- and helpful, for his mood.

It was late in the day, and it was pretty windy. Mr. Tiki wanted to paddle out, but I didn't have a wetsuit for him, and didn't want the salt water to mess with the gadgets Mad Dog Mike has embedded in the Bionic (Mr.) Tiki!

He's been in San Diego a bit, so trying to show him a few groovy things and get him on his way!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-05-18 01:19 am   Permalink

Menorah?

Thanks for keeping his powder dry

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-19 12:38 pm   Permalink

Hahahaha!

Mike, one of my baristas didn't quite finish the pour perfectly- but Mr. Tiki was okay with it. Trying to give him a taste for good coffee....

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-22 10:52 am   Permalink

A little more San Diego sight seeing (combined with a work event)... Mr. Tiki decided to check out the USS Midway. While he told me he doesn't like being in tight spaces (inferring that he wasn't too pleased with the prospect of heading back into his box to be sent off to his next stop), I told him that a giant aircraft carrier like the Midway had lots of outdoor space. His snarky reply asked if I could add a flight deck onto his shipping box. Hmmmm...

Mr. Tiki has had a hard time being focused during his visit, thus his inability to be in focus in many of these photos.

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-05-22 11:42 am   Permalink

Great report, TikiAno! I'm sure Mr. Tiki is having a fine time, even if he doesn't act like it. Mr. Tiki is something of a volatile character!

www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-06-14 1:52 pm   Permalink

Update - TikiAno is having trouble contacting some of the people who wanted to host Mr Tiki. I have applied for a special dispensation from the Tiki Pope Kahuna to stave of the Curse since he is TRYING to pass Mr Tiki on.

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-29 08:01 am   Permalink

Wanted to report that Mr. Tiki arrived safe and sound. I found him a nice place to sleep for the night with his friends. Let the games begin!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-06-29 08:40 am   Permalink

NICE!!!!

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-29 7:25 pm   Permalink

Mr. Tiki is hanging out recovering from his trip, meeting a few more friends around the house today.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-29 8:50 pm   Permalink

He seems relaxed.

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-30 7:18 pm   Permalink

Got Mr. Tiki out of bed this morning to see the town. First stop was the Maritime Museum in Santa Barbara.

He got to see a nice ship's masthead.

A scary robot diver

And he considered deep sea diving in a helmet.

We went upstairs to the Endless Summer, Surf's Up!

The hostess was glad to meet Mr. Tiki!

Mai Tais were ordered and the bar staff were pleased.

He met a few friends there.

And enjoyed the view of the Harbor over a Mai Tai.

Too many Mai Tais, we got booted! Off to the next stop. Met some nice ladies on the way.

The Brewhouse serves up some tasty beer.

Mr. Tiki was again greeted with high regard from behind the bar..

A quick beer

And a chat with an amigo to end the day.

Stay tuned for tomorrows adventures!.

DC

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation