FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 Next Page )
Mr Tiki's Wild Ride - Hosts Wanted
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-21 9:29 pm   Permalink

*SOMEBODY HELP! I CAN NOT GET PHOTOS TO STOP LOADING SIDEWAYS. NO OPTIONS EVEN IF I ROTATE ON MY END. THANK YOU!*
Sorry about how photos are loading!!!

We stayed with my parents in Salmon Arm for a couple days and then headed to our next stop which was in Vernon.
Along the way we stopped in at this roadside flea market and Mr.Tiki was happy to see a decent selection of Hawaiian attire.

We even found these cool, old, Toes on the Nose Shag Art Work shorts with great graphics of his mugs/bowls.

The reason we were heading to Vernon, BC was for this place..........Tiki Village Motel!!

I've been meaning to stop here for years but just never did so figured might as well since we have Tiki royalty with us! Plus, I really did want to check this place out at least once and so did Mr.Tiki. I'll post an update and some more pics over in locating Tiki when I get some time.

In our room was this unbelievable Tiki Ice Bucket in Polynesian Fire Red!! I know these are Tiki Ice Buckets because the label told me so! Mr.Tiki wanted to get a shot of this Tiki artifact!

Here's the famed original Witco Lamps that to this day all but 4 of the rooms still have inside. I also saw one in their lobby area.

One last shot here

After this, it is on to Kelowna to meet up with friends and a little drinking with Mr.Tiki!

Mahalo, TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-22 04:55 am   Permalink

Awesome trip Dan!!! That motel is very cool. Im sure Mr. Tiki has been horizontal in more pics than he cares to admit Keep the pics rolling!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-23 11:19 am   Permalink

Awesome trip so far Taboo Dan, looking forward to the next chapter!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-09-24 2:06 pm   Permalink

I am SO ENVIOUS of that genuine Tiki ice bucket!
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hamo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-09-26 7:12 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff, Dan. This was worth the wait!

Hopefully you've got a lot more pictures of Tiki Village Motel; Critiki needs some, plus a rating. And more could be added to its Locating Tiki page.

https://critiki.com/location/tiki-village-motel-vernon-312/

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=15935&forum=2

View Profile of Hamo Send a personal message to Hamo  Goto the website of Hamo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-08 6:02 pm   Permalink

We should be seeing some Cap City Tiki Crawl pics soon. In the meantime, my list of potential Mr Tiki hosts is getting smaller. If you would be interested in hosting Mr Tiki at some point, post a reply here or send me a PM
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-09 11:32 am   Permalink

I saw a photo of Mr. Tiki at the crawl on Instagram yesterday. Disappointed no photos of that have shown up here yet.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-09 3:00 pm   Permalink

I saw a couple on FB too. Mr Tiki and his hosts had a long weekend and they are probably sleeping it off If I don't see some pics posted this week I'll start prodding someone

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-09 8:40 pm   Permalink

I was at the Sacramento Tiki Crawl aka Cap City Crawl all three days and I never ran into Mr. Tiki. I don't know where he was hiding but I did see a photo of him posted on fb. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-10-11 9:26 pm   Permalink

I believe I ran into Mr. Tiki once or twice during the Cap City Tiki Crawl October 5 -7

Oops! Sorry that ain't him!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-11 9:34 pm   Permalink

Thank you Dr Mojo!!!

Mr Tiki is getting ready to depart again, to a state where he has visited only once. But one he didn't return from!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-12 6:16 pm   Permalink

Good Job Dr. Tiki Mojo.
MadDogMike that's just plain scary.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coconutty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-10-13 7:34 pm   Permalink

Dr. Snakejacket awaits!!!

View Profile of Coconutty Send a personal message to Coconutty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-10-13 7:46 pm   Permalink

Your're scaring me Coconutty!
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

Coconutty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2018-10-13 8:32 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike I'm only like that for the month of October

View Profile of Coconutty Send a personal message to Coconutty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation