FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Gallery » » The Grog blog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
The Grog blog
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-11 5:52 pm   Permalink

and another

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-09-11 6:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks ATP,but you misspelled

-----The Spelling Police

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2015-09-11 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-09-11 11:14, hang10tiki wrote:
Happy anniversary G man

Thanks Hang Man

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-11 6:23 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-25 6:57 pm   Permalink

In the Golden Tiki

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 25 days ago; 4:24 pm   Permalink

Hola Grog!
Happy birthday next week!
What are you creatiking these days?

Gabba gabba

Z

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 24 days ago; 12:18 pm   Permalink

ZETA!! Hola compadre.

Thanks for the early birthday wishes.

As far as professional work, I just finished up doing storyboards on "Be Cool, Scooby Doo" animated TV series for Warner Bros. three weeks ago, and now I'm working on a show called "Bunnicula".

(not my artwork)

As far as TIKI art is concerned, I have a crap-load of unfinished ceramics started that I haven't touched in over a year(?) or so. TV animation is so stressful and time consuming, the last thing I want to do is MORE art when I come home.

I haven't done a Bamboo Ben comic for Tiki Magazine in a long time either. Doing the comic is like doing storyboards, so I definitely don't want to work on storyboards and then come home and basically do the same thing I've been busting my butt doing all day. I think if I were still working on features, it wouldn't be so bad, but the deadlines for TV are so killer. Plus, these damned cheap studios have fewer people doing more work on all the productions. I'm basically an "animatic" artist, not a storyboard artist. We draw on the computer with software that we edit and do timing. We record our own scratch audio, and drop in temp music and sound effects. And, half the time we have to rewrite a good portion and come up with gags because these lazy-assed writers forget to put humor and action in these cartoons and they just have the characters stand around and babble, which today's A.D.D. kids aren't going to sit around and watch.

What have you been up to? Gigolo? Mexican Soap Opera star? Professional soccer player? Working on being the next Miguel Covarrubias?

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2016-09-03 14:03 ]

Zeta
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 3:22 pm   Permalink

Great! Your dry humor is still there!
Me, got deep into truth seeking and "high" art... Stopped doing cómics skateboards and record covers... Those young kids are damn broke and want everything for free! Paintings are more re$pectable if you know what I mean!
Take care genius!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation