FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Trying something new...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Trying something new...
MarvinTheMonkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-23 4:59 pm   Permalink

Okay... time to try something new and different. I've been playing around with adding dimensionality to some pieces - still painting, but getting away from the standard flat surface.I thought this would be a good time to try it on something tiki.
Here's the image I've worked up so far:

I'll keep posting as the piece progresses.
Wish me luck!

View Profile of MarvinTheMonkey Send a personal message to MarvinTheMonkey  Email MarvinTheMonkey Goto the website of MarvinTheMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 08:04 am   Permalink

Nice piece!
Looking forward to see where you take it....
Did you create this
or did Marvin?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarvinTheMonkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-25 08:04, little lost tiki wrote:
Nice piece!
Looking forward to see where you take it....
Did you create this
or did Marvin?

This one I did on my own!

View Profile of MarvinTheMonkey Send a personal message to MarvinTheMonkey  Email MarvinTheMonkey Goto the website of MarvinTheMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarvinTheMonkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-03 8:23 pm   Permalink

Okay, nearly finished....
Haven't decided whether to add the background disks yet, or just leave it like it is (the black square is just for the pictures).
20"h x 28" w

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-03 8:32 pm   Permalink

i just love it keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-03 10:21 pm   Permalink

3-Freakin-D!
nice...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 01:53 am   Permalink

Looking good! Is that foam board or something different? I'd add the disks (even the square works), seems to ground the piece better.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-04 07:33 am   Permalink

Very cool!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 07:49 am   Permalink

I saw the original image & thought, "kinda neat", but the finished product is just plain WOW! Nice work.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 08:44 am   Permalink

That is pretty cool. What kind of material are you using? I've been thinking of doing something similar with scrap sentra foam board from work.

Maybe you should make a black piece for the back that is cut kindof like the leaves. Kindof a star burst, but uneven and droopy, would add a solid backdrop, but also make it look like he's in a dense jungle.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 3:45 pm   Permalink

Sweeeet 3-D! And you don't even have to have the glasses. Very nice.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarvinTheMonkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 3:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the encouragement, all!
I'll play around with a backing - see what works best.

TikiMango and Badd Tiki: It's Sintra board - 3 mil

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 4:21 pm   Permalink

wow love this !

I am a big fan of 3D artwork...fantastic and looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 4:23 pm   Permalink

Wow wowwy WOW!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-22 6:39 pm   Permalink

Nice job, Mike! I love it! Adding the depth really does a lot for the piece! I would agree with the others; some sort of background would help define the space. Really cool!

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation