FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-24 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-23 22:58, GROG went
bump.

OW!
Watch where you're goin
you big ugly caveman!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-24 11:02 pm   Permalink

The junk is great, but the stuff is fabulous.

Thanks for sharing your art. It makes me smile.

Darilyn

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
talo ka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-25 08:56 am   Permalink

nice work mutt. nice work.

View Profile of talo ka Send a personal message to talo ka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-27 04:05 am   Permalink

Es muy bueno!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-27 09:25 am   Permalink

Love all your "carved foam on canvas" pieces. Had no idea you were such a talented modernist.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-01 12:20 am   Permalink

Enjoying your art Woofy.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-01 11:39 pm   Permalink

I keep trying to sink to the bottom of this forum and you people keep pulling me back up.

But seriously folks,
Liloti has lotsa new stuff to look at. In fact in the time I started writing this reply he finished 3 small paintings, a monkey pod bowl commission, and a wall sized mural titled El Alfabeto Al Lado Del Mar down at the new Centro de la Rosa daycare center and all of it is irritatingly good which is why we hate him so.

And now if we could just raise the house lights a little? I want to see your faces and say thanks, thanks for the kinds words. You're the reason we do this show every night and two matinees on Saturday and Sunday plus the special Sunday morning cabaret brunch performance where everyone who attends gets an 8X10 black and white photograph personally signed by one of the back up singers. So, thanks. Now let's rock!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 01:53 am   Permalink

Great stuff, really like your carved foam pieces. I don't know if you have anything else hidden in the corners, but if you do, dig them out and show us some more.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 07:40 am   Permalink

Yes, let's embarrass him further with some more attention! I mean you MUST be good if your work hangs in the homes of so-called Tiki celebrities! Here are two of three in Humu Humu's rumpus room in progress:

If you ever make more of this style of foam recycling, pencil me in, please.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 08:05 am   Permalink

Go Woofy!
Carve some more foam!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-06-02 09:48 am   Permalink

Yay! Out of 36 threads in the TIKI GALLERY, your thread is the 8th most viewed. Congratulations.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 6:45 pm   Permalink

...and yet you deny my every request for commissioned pieces. How DARE you, you "artiste."
Love,
Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-02 9:31 pm   Permalink

1. Thanks. Again.

2."...and yet you deny my every request for commissioned pieces. How DARE you, you "artiste."
Love, Andy"

It wasn't a refusal and it was only once. Also I had completely forgot about it until now. Fortunately I documented our exchange and here it is (with names changed because I sold the option to Fox and I can't use any of the character names or non-public locations until their option expires)...

Dear Mr. Mutt,

You did the "Tarantella Place" sign for Olivia, correct? Would you consider doing a sign like that for us and if so, whattya charge? The name is "The Room of Losses" or maybe "The Shadows Room." We dunno yet. Your reply is requested.

Mr. Pacific

Dear Mr. Pacific,

I made the Tarantella Place sign for Olivia as a trade for a yellow bicycle. She had "won" the yellow bicycle in an auction the Western Hopeless Fest people did to raise money for the Fest. The yellow bicycle was given to them by the Goldfinch Pilsner people. (The Goldfinch Pilsner logo was on the yellow bicycle's frame.) Olivia had assumed others would bid higher for the yellow bicycle. They did not.

I put the yellow bicycle together one night at Sparky's and rode it home (just 8 blocks). It was a cruiser and an unpleasant ride. I think it was really meant to be hung from a ceiling in a bar. That was the only time I rode the yellow bicycle.

A short time later my friend Tyger in Montana mentioned he was getting his wife a cruiser and was gonna look for one for himself. This conversation led to me and the yellow bicycle taking one final trip together on a Route 23 Metro bus down to Amtrak's King Street Station.

It's kinda cheap to ship a bicycle to Montana via Amtrak. That's why so many Montana cowboys rode bicycles back in the 1800s.

As you can see from my tale the price of art is complicated. Even completely functional and easily damaged art.

Mr. Mutt

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-06-04 10:55 am   Permalink

Woohoo! Your thread is now the 7th most viewed out of 36 in the Tiki Gallery!

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-06-04 3:01 pm   Permalink

If you think this stuff is good...

...you ought to see my super-sweet Woofmutt Stuff (or is it Junk) Pendant.

He's still holding out on you....I'm just sayin'...\

-------
Helz - Charter Member WMS&JLT Fan Club

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation