FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Clay Jams - The work of Babalu - updated 10/15 pg1
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Clay Jams - The work of Babalu - updated 10/15 pg1
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 11:59 am   Permalink

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-04 09:40 am   Permalink

About the bunny story: hm??
And about your work, what can I say? you are the king of clay.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-06 10:24 am   Permalink

I always knew you were the master of the mug...but that altar?!?!?! That is some of the best bamboo work I've ever seen! Mixing the different diameters with the wicker and cane looks awesome. The first thing I thought when I saw that hut, was how much it looked like the Enchanted Tiki Room. So cool! At least you know that if you ever run out of clay, you'll have a backup plan!

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-10 1:18 pm   Permalink

Rick your art will always amaze me! You are the master indeed.
My millions of thanks to you will go on forever. I am honored to have your art on my collection and hold them most dearly. What a privilege. Your tops in my book Babs and a hell of a friend! Keep on keepin' on!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-10 3:55 pm   Permalink

The piece GROG bought from Babalu, GROG sold on ebay for twice the price, and bought a Bowana piece. Once Bowana's value has gone up enough GROG will sell that on ebay to get enough money to by a piece from Bai.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-10 9:00 pm   Permalink

Baba, your work is amazing and very disturbing, I love it...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 11:16 am   Permalink

You all are the best!!

I updated the top of page one with a few good goodies.

Looks like I will be spending some time in the studio getting ready for this June's Ohana "Luau at the Lake" event. Ohhhh this is going to be fun!! See you in NEW YORK!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 11:27 am   Permalink

Babs is headin to Luau at the lake!?!?
Right on!

Everytime i see those drums
i am hypnotized...
you and Squid make good stuff!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 9:12 pm   Permalink

WOW! Incredible stuff, Babalu! LOVE your drum mugs, and how far you are going with that theme! Brilliant, dazzling work! Did you creathe the top of the wedding cake too?

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-07 10:02 am   Permalink

It would be fun to drink from the snake/rat mug and to freak out the meek! Terrific art, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 09:35 am   Permalink

Wow, amazing work Babalu! Killer stuff. Keep it up.

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 09:34 am   Permalink

Babalu,

Really love those drum mugs, great work.

A little off topic, but couldn't help thinking of you when I came across this matchbook from the Club Babalu.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-11 7:11 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for the kind words.

- that's really great DC -

Didn't Ricky Ricardo own this club?

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 11:30 am   Permalink

Sorry, Babs... this was not the spot I thought I was working on. That was actually a PM I was sending. Jeez.

...But, since I'm here, I absolutely love the work you do. Baboons=awesome. Tikis=awesome.
Babalu= Triple awesome... at least.
Sorry agin!
~Zero

Visit Zerotiki!

[ This Message was edited by: ZeroTiki 2010-04-15 09:47 ]

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-12 1:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Zero, you must have meant for the above post to placed in your Gallery thread?

Thanks in advance for moving it over...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation