FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Someone might be interested in these?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Someone might be interested in these?
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 5:56 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22603&item=2526032045&rd=1

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 6:21 pm   Permalink

Is this your auction? If not, I wish people here wouldn't post current ebay auctions. I hate to be a killjoy but part of the fun of ebay is the hunt. Everyone gets that special rush when they come across a listing with misspelled words, poor description, or an item listed incorectly. I have found "Hawiian" bargans as well as "totem" tikis. I was watching this pair of lamps already as I collect lamps. I thought I could get a deal since the buzz word "tiki" is missing.

I notice you do this often and I know you may be just trying to be a nice tiki friend but it SUCKS when I spend a lot of my time hunting for hidden bargains on ebay only to have someone tip off bidders who collect the same things! If you want the item bid, if not, sometimes keep it to yourself. Thanks a lot

[ This Message was edited by: Laney on 2003-04-29 18:53 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 6:37 pm   Permalink

DawnTiki, thanks so much for posting that auction! You rule!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 7:03 pm   Permalink

Sorry if I have ruined anyones fun. I hate being the killjoy too! I have thought twice about listing items I stumble across on Ebay for the very reason you said, keeping it a secret so someone gets a deal! The only reason I posted this was because Tiki wasn't listed in the description. I was just trying to help a brother/sister out, being the TIKI FRIEND that I am I thought I would share. Honestly I knew you (Laney) collect lamps, your the reason I posted this. LOL! Oops! I have won auctions because others (not the sellers) have posted info on the TC board, and for this I say Mahalo. As far as me posting ebay finds alot? I don't know, maybe more than some, not as often as others. So, I will promise to SOMETIMES keep my ebay finds to myself.

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-04-29 19:15 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 7:08 pm   Permalink

Dawn I've got no problem with the postings of Ebay bids either. "This is a forum specfically for posting about eBay Tiki Stuff..." Sure I like to hunt for stuff as well. I have posted some things that I felt others may have been interested in. BTW anyone see the WITCO plaque that was up for 2 days and then just disappeared? I figured I wasn't going to win it, but then I got an email saying my bid was cancelled as the seller posted it wrong? Hmmmmmmm!

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2003-04-29 19:11 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2003-04-29 7:15 pm   Permalink

Check out these neat two completed auctions.

1961 catalog of Hawaiian souvenirs. Notice how the scanned page includes a whole Treasure Craft section.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2002&item=3220462322&rd=1

1940s scrapbook from a serviceman in Hawaii, with lots of pictures of stars and Hawaiian scenes. Like wow!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35804&item=3219700216&rd=1

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-29 7:25 pm   Permalink

E-Bay posting. If I'm trying to get something off ebay experience has taught me not to post it until after the bidding is done. But sometimes I come across things that are cool but out of my price range or not my size or whatever and I sometimes post em up. It's not intended to ruin anyone elses day but instead to toss the item over to one of my fellow TCers. Part of the hunt is the possibillity of being beat for an item. Sometimes it happens.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 06:46 am   Permalink

All's fair in love and Ebay! You could also send a private message to members you might think are interested - I sent emspace a dirt cheap vancouver tiki mug auction a while back, cause I already had the mug.

But I think it's good to share. And it's good for the seller too!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 08:56 am   Permalink

I'm with Sam on this one. It's far more likely that the difficult-to-find item will go to a Tiki Centralite if posted here, though it might just tread on the toes of someone who has spotted it, and decided to keep it for themselves.

I recall getting an abusive e-mail back in the Yahoo days when I alerted the board to the 2nd edition Shag mugs, because someone had been checking the Tiki Farm site every few hours for news of the mugs, and didn't want anyone else to know about them. But the end result was that a fair number of Tiki Centralites got their mugs because of my post, so I think the good always outweighs the bad in such cases.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-30 09:55 am   Permalink

Dawntiki,

I appreciate when other members let us (as in all of us) know about ebay listings. I also think it's perfectly fine that you let others know.

Just my stupid, dumbass, ignorant, selfish, 2 cents worth...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waikiki tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 10:43 am   Permalink

I enjoy when people post listings that we might be interested in as I don't have time to hunt around ebay as much as I'd like. I know it's always fun to get a bargain, but this is the forum for collecting and ebay, and so I don't agree with telling one not to post because someone else was secretly watching them. Keep posting DawnTiki and I will too!

waikiki

View Profile of waikiki tiki Send a personal message to waikiki tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzywong
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 10:54 am   Permalink

If anyone is interested in the lamps listed above you may want to ask the seller if they are cords that fit a European outlet only.

Then again maybe a converter would work.

View Profile of suzywong Send a personal message to suzywong  Email suzywong     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 12:12 pm   Permalink

Nope, the cords can't work outside the UK and you can't fix 'em! Ok, I made that up, because I NEED these lights!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 12:29 pm   Permalink

I appreciate it when you guys point out an item. If someone else has to pay a little more that's how it goes, it's an auction!

keepin' it tiki
Sneaky

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 1:09 pm   Permalink

I totally get Laney's point, you hunt for a treasure then you watch and wait with bated breath for days sometimes, hoping beyond all hope some dolt doesn't come and screw up the auction for you. I love the thrill of getting the deal too! But it is an auction and Tikifish was right...all's fair in Love and Ebay.

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-04-30 13:11 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation