FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Someone might be interested in these?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Someone might be interested in these?
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 3:44 pm   Permalink

Wow, I've never met so many people who love to pay MORE for items! All those who like the sharing of current ebay potential bargain listings feel free to put your ebay ID below. I'm curious how many of you will tip off ALL TC bidders on items YOU would like to bid on! See you are BS.

I have sent private messages to some people when I've found an ebay auction for an item I know they are looking for but I don't think it would be nice to post to everyone "here it is Al, I know you are looking for this!" I've also had people send me private auction alerts. That I really appreciate.

As well as the seller, if he can't do the research or take the time to properly describe items and spell correctly, that's his loss. Have any of you gone to garage sales or flea markets, found a rare item for $.50 and turned around to yell out "Here's a real bargain! anyone want to offer more tan me!" or paid more for an item just because "it's good for the seller" Please people! How many of you same people have found a poorly listed item on ebay and NOT shared it with all your TC friends, hypocrites!
Many times, I've seen ended ebay bargains posted here, like that Witco table and stools set, and wished I'd seen it. I know a lot of us hunt on ebay. Some are very good at spotting things-bravo to their skills. But if you "don't have the time" to hunt on ebay, your loss. I work nights so can't get up early to hit garage sales, my loss. Any of you hypocrites want to hunt garage sales early and offer TC people your finds? I'll up the price you paid for tiki finds $.25-$1.00. Sounds good!

[ This Message was edited by: Laney on 2003-04-30 16:26 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 4:30 pm   Permalink

Your passion is hilarious and the lamps are ugly.

-The Negator-

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 4:38 pm   Permalink

That's exactly what I collect-UGLY lamps! I don't know how many times someone has called my lamps hideous. I love it!
Another thing people have gotten to know about me is, I say what I feel. I'm not one to go along with the majority, excuuuuuse me

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 5:07 pm   Permalink

All's fair in Love and War...and bargain-hunting.

On that note, I once fancied this girl. Totally in love with her, she worked at a shoe store. I'd go there and buy shoelaces, just as a pretext to talk with her ended up with like 17 pair...useless. All summer long, I am trying to get to know her, spending much needed discretionary income (I was seventeen, mind you) on assorted, and unecessary shoe products. Laces, shines, polishes, trees, the lot.

Gradually, I got to be friendly with her, small talk and the like. You know, "how's work" and "do you like...". Really hitting it off in a platonic, but not happy about it, way. Figured I was just laying the foundation, setting up the chance to get a date. Foaming the runway as they say. Hey, I was seventeen, and not a smooth seventeen either, so cut me some slack. Anyway, the small talk stuff lasted a while and a real friendship bloomed.

Wouldn't you know it, lucky me finally got the nuggets up to ask her out on a real date. She accepted, the effort paid off, handsomely. One date turned into three, soon we were going sort of steady. To say I was happy is to belittle the sheer joy and excitement I experienced. What was a troubled time, you all been there you know what I am saying, became life as I thought it should be lived.

Weeks and months went by as love bloomed bewtwen us. Thoughts of a life together entered my mind. I know, we were very young, but when it feels right you just know it, and I knew it. My life was taking shape, the right college, then law school, marriage, three toe-haired kids. The American Dream. My dream, man.

Alas, all was not wonderful and meant to be, or at least as wonderful as I presumed it was meant to be. No, trouble was on the horizon and I was too blind in love to see it, although perhaps I should have, hindsight and all. My young happiness and optimism for a bright future were soon dashed on the rocks of heartbreak. The visions of joy and familial success quickly replaced with an unending avalanche of despair and confusion.

She dumped me for a guy with a Camaro, and not even a Z-28.

My existence torn to shreds, my reason for being snuffed out like so many Camel unfiltereds. Months of courtship, not to mention nearly $200 in uneeded footwear items, cast away as if yesterday's newspaper. Alone in my misery, one thought repeated in my mind. It as something my Dad, a former Marine Drill Instructor, told me years before, "All's fair in love and war, son. All's fair".

So, with those words of wisdom from my combat experienced father I took out to find this college-aged, fop-haired, gigolo that stole my sweetheart. Searched and searched for this ruiner of all things good and right, finding him by his apartment waxing that Camaro. Then I shot him.

"All's fair in love and war, son. All's fair. Oh, and aim for the gut."

Thanks, Dad.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 5:23 pm   Permalink

Midnite,
Absolutely funny story! Man, what are doing in the legal field? (Unless that's BS?). You seem to have more of a future in the comedic field - making good money to boot! Funny posts, even funnier replies and funny auctions too!

Dude, you crack me up!!!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-30 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-30 15:44, laney wrote:
Wow, I've never met so many people who love to pay MORE for items!

See you are BS.

How many of you same people have found a poorly listed item on ebay and NOT shared it with all your TC friends, hypocrites!

Any of you hypocrites want to hunt garage sales early and offer TC people your finds? I'll up the price you paid for tiki finds $.25-$1.00. Sounds good!

Jeez Laney, a bit touchy aren't we? Didn't you just post a few days ago commenting on 'how some posters here aren't sensative to others feelings...'. I'll look, but I think it was one of Squawkers postings.

You mentioned the word hypocrite a few times above. A freudian slip?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 5:48 pm   Permalink

Midnight,
Your story has soul (sole?). I liked how you didn't pussy foot around, you were no "loafer", you "pumped" her for info. Then came the "slipper"-ee slope of love. Then when her heart "flip-floped", you got the "boot". That "sneaker", in the Camaro, should be beaten like a "mule". I want to "sock" him. But can we afford to "Payless" for the high cost of love.

C'est l'amore,
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 6:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-30 17:46, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Jeez Laney, a bit touchy aren't we? Didn't you just post a few days ago commenting on 'how some posters here aren't sensative to others feelings...'. I'll look, but I think it was one of Squawkers postings.

You mentioned the word hypocrite a few times above. A freudian slip?

Well Bong, my nemesis, who knows and remembers, what I've said, what I drink, who I've dated, hurls threats, and is starting to freak me out, that is taken out of context. I, in that other post, I referred to people who start trouble and conflict. For many, that is the sole purpose of their posts, Thor especially comes to mind, but there are many others-Hulalula and Madtiki are two we don't hear from often. While I'm quick to state my opinion, I am rarely insulting, I'll admit to insulting a few. I also feel I have a lot to give to this board as I am a collector, make and share my decor and artwork, patronize tiki joints, offer advise on things I know, try to attend as many of the events as my schedule will allow, and hell, I own the book. I have made many friends here, some I talk to daily.

With the use of the word hypocrite, I only wanted to point out that people will think it's great for others to post auctions they didn't find but never post one they want to bid on, not thinking there may be someone else who spent time searching for that illusive bargain on ebay. Screw you, not me, haha, attitude. I also notice no one is putting up their ebay ID. I know there are others who feel as I do-who have prayed no one posts this auction on Tiki Central. I just say what I feel, sorry that is so threatening to some.

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2003-04-30 18:15 ]

emspace
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-30 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-30 06:46, tikifish wrote:
You could also send a private message to members you might think are interested - I sent emspace a dirt cheap vancouver tiki mug auction a while back, cause I already had the mug.

...and I thank you again, dear Tikifish, cuz they arrived today in good order. So much nicer than getting the phone bill...

cheers,
em

View Profile of emspace Send a personal message to emspace      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-04-30 6:33 pm   Permalink

Laney,

Don't flatter yourself. I have an odd ability to remember quite literally every thing anybody has ever said or done.

I find a strange enjoyment out of reminding people what they may have previously stated, when they make a statement that contradicts previously stated statements.

Make memory your friend!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suffering bastard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-30 7:32 pm   Permalink

Alnshely, "very punny"!I'm sure in time Midnite's heart will "heel"; at least he got the satisfaction of dispatching his "arch" rival.....

View Profile of suffering bastard Send a personal message to suffering bastard  Email suffering bastard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 06:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-04-30 18:13, laney wrote:
I know there are others who feel as I do-who have prayed no one posts this auction on Tiki Central.

And there are others who are glad that it was posted. Me for example - the proud new owner of two Maori lamp stands that will actually work in the UK!

Cheers DawnTiki!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waikiki tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 07:04 am   Permalink

Congratulations Trader W! Glad you got the lamps due to the posting! And Laney, I wouldn't start the name calling if I were you, us "hypocrites" think that's hoity toity. Take it easy.

waikiki

View Profile of waikiki tiki Send a personal message to waikiki tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 08:17 am   Permalink

Excellent Woody! You'll have to post some pictures of the "Infamous" lamps after you get them in their new home. I am happy one of my Peeps from TC won the auction, thats why I posted the listing here

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-05-01 08:26 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-01 10:25 am   Permalink

I thought eBay was a public marketplace...??
I dunno maybe I'm wrong.

If it's out there on eBay, then it's out there for the world to see (and bid on). I say spread the word let others enjoy your labor if you find something, share away. Let me reap the benefits of your "hard work" because I don't really have the time (or the gumption) to go "hunting"
I dunno maybe I'm lazy. Yeah, that's it I'm not wrong I'm just lazy.

PS: My TC and eBay IDs are the same.... sshhhhh don't tell anyone.

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation