FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Doug Horne Pendant I carved .
Doug Horne Pendant I carved .
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-25 7:37 pm   Permalink

Doug recently gave me permission to carve one of his creations and turn it into 3D. I had a commision to carve Dougs rendering of Wildsville Man from Tiki Caliente . I hope you like it . The drawing ...

Heres the Koa wood pendant . Its 4 1/2" tall and with all Dougs little details I even cut my finger . Ouch!

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 11:44 am   Permalink

Nice! Isn't Doug's stuff fun to carve?
I haven't had very good luck with Koa though. Are you going to cast it up?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 12:07 pm   Permalink

No its a one of a kind for Wildsville Man . Doug created this design just for him so now he has a necklace . Koa is a VERY hard wood but you just have to keep whittling away . The payoff is the color of the piece after you coat it . This just "pops" in the sunlight .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-26 12:26 pm   Permalink

That's a great desing and a great 3d likeness of it. I like the extra 2 beads there, they add alot to the piece.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation