FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 11:17 am   Permalink

Thanks, Jim! Yeah I was thinking Blue Hawaiians/ Chris Isaak when I wrote that one... One of our favorites for sure!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-29 12:00 pm   Permalink

Me & my Honey had a great time (as usual) at the Hut sale catching up with old friends, so big "thank you's" to all the vendors & The Hula Girls, and especially for Kelly & Lisa Marie and Jeremy once again for taking super care of us all. And, most importantly, a big squishy Mahalo Nui Loa to the one & only Sir Grog for setting everything up!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2010-03-29 12:17 pm   Permalink

Thank you to all the artists/vendors and customers/patrons for coming to the Tonga Hut parking Lot Sale and making it a succesful event and helping to kick off Tiki Season.

Thanks Jeremy of the Tonga Hut for hosting, Hiphipahula & Lisa Marie for mixing up the tasty drinks, and Chadillac for manning the door.

Big thanks to the Hula Girls for putting on a great show. GROG wish GROG could have been inside for the whole set, but GROG had to man GROG' table outside. Everybody GROG talk to said they LOVED you guys(girls?). GROG looking forward to seeing ya'll play at Galaxy Theater on April 9th with Los Straight Jackets, and Big Sandy & His Fly Rite Boys. If ya'll loved The Hula Girls, and couldn't get enough of them, contact Luckydesigns and get tickets to the Galaxy on April 9 for $10 each. Thanks, Spike for doing the awesome hand screen printed poster. A great price for such a nice poster. GROG got a blue one.

A number of people tell GROG they like the art outside/ band inside set up of this event. It was nice we were able to have so many artists/vendors involved. Usually GROG have to turn down a number of artists when we have it inside because of lack of space. It also gets really crowded inside with everybody trying to get around to all the artist booths and struggling to get to the bar to order a drink. It was definitely easier to get around to all the artist booths outside, and several people liked that they were able to see the art better out in the sunlight. GROG welcome feedback so we can make these events the best they can be. Post the good stuff on the thread (yay!), and PM GROG with what you didn't like.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. Thank you Marty Lush for providing tunes and Gilligan's Island outside during the sale and playing tunes inside after the band was done.

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2010-03-29 18:49 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FilthyMidget
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 12:25 pm   Permalink

Bought my first Tiki Mug this weekend!!!
I am really stoked
Thank you Grog for getting us together,
it was good to see some of the new friends I made in Palo Alto.
I look forward to another Parking Lot Sale.

View Profile of FilthyMidget Send a personal message to FilthyMidget  Email FilthyMidget     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 1:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog for another great time. We gad a great time shopping and visiting everyone. We left a early, cause we were just dog-tired. Our hard work will pay off, hopefully, soon as we'd like to have an inaugural party when our Tiki Bar is in "party condition".
"

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 2:42 pm   Permalink

Also, special shot out to DJ Marty LUSH!

The question is; what's the greatest Tiki music?

The answer is: Whatever Marty Lush was playing.

The man has excellent taste!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 4:28 pm   Permalink

I'm bummed I missed it. Still sick but getting better! I miss you crazy people! Hope all the artists sold lots of good stuff. I should be fully restored by the 9th for the Hula Girls at the Galaxy... see ya!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 4:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-29 14:42, lucas vigor wrote:
Also, special shot out to DJ Marty LUSH!

The question is; what's the greatest Tiki music?

The answer is: Whatever Marty Lush was playing.

The man has excellent taste!

Lucas, I'm shocked you used the word "Tiki music". You know there's no such thing.

I can understand others loosely throwing the term around, but Dude I wouldn't have expected that from you.

You must have meant "greatest music in a Tiki bar". Right?

I'm sorry I missed the party.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 6:30 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2010-03-28 10:27, GROG wrote:
Quote:

Is that supposed to be a blurry pic of Bigfoot? What the hell is that?

I think it's that mean old Russian lady from the place next door to the Tonga Hut who was yelling about all the cars in HER parking lot!

Nice seeing everybody at the show!
Bowana give thanks to Tonga Hut and GROG.

Bowie

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2010-03-29 6:38 pm   Permalink

Too much fun! Thank you to everyone involved!
I had a crap load of pics from yesterday, so here's the second half of the pics from the Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls. I posted the other half on the "Tonga Hut Tiki Parties Sat & Sunday's 4-9pm" thread.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33981&forum=17&start=195&206 scroll down about 2/3 of the way.

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-03-29 18:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-03-31 18:41 ]

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 6:46 pm   Permalink

SIGH! You guys really know how to rub it in!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 10:51 pm   Permalink

This was such a great event. Grog, you're the (cave)man!

My Tiki tOny parrot already has a perch of honor in my in-progress tiki room.

Tiki Chick: A Tiki Noob's Travels

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-29 11:00 pm   Permalink

Nice, I wanted the cute little Tiki Tony Parrot, but gotta save up some more clams.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 09:51 am   Permalink

Isn't that a toucan ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiRose
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:16 am   Permalink

Aha, yes, tikiyaki! My bad. (I must admit, I was never much of a Froot Loops fan, so my toucan identifying skills aren't exactly top-notch.)

[ This Message was edited by: MauiRose 2010-03-30 14:00 ]

View Profile of MauiRose Send a personal message to MauiRose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation