FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tonga Hut Parking Lot Sale with The Hula Girls Sunday, March 28 at 4pm
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:27 am   Permalink

Me neither, actually, but I saw real ones in Aruba...they're so cool in person.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOBU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-30 6:02 pm   Permalink

The MASK looks awesome in my small but every growing Tiki Room
Thanks KIRBY

Jobu

View Profile of JOBU Send a personal message to JOBU  Email JOBU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 6:38 pm   Permalink

Great night at the Tonga Hut! Mahalo to all involved! We're still trying to figure out what that secret spice is, LOL! We shot some cheesy video, but sadly didn't get any of the actual parking lot sale. Cursed Rum! Anyway, here is a link to a ridiculous video we shot randomly at the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0fV7pOJEiY

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 7:17 pm   Permalink

im sorry which one of you is chris and which one of you is sarah?? you guys are crazy thanks for the vid!!

jobu thanks for the purchase and everybody else who bought sumthin from me or any of the other artists, thats what helps keep us going!!

big mahalo to Jeramey and grog for puttin it on!! Great success!! lets do it again just like this one!!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:34 pm   Permalink

Ugh! Lol Kirby, I am Chris (in the brown shirt) my wife is Sarah, but was unable to attend. I don't know who that other goof is. Someone else at the Tonga Hut asked me what my "handle" was here on TC and when I told them, they just gave me a blank expression. Wasn't thinking clearly when I registered. Looks like I need to contact a moderator or something and see about getting that changed.

P.S. Enjoyed a Mai Tai tonight in my new "Fred" mug I picked up at the sale

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2010-03-30 22:39 ]

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 11:30 pm   Permalink

Awesome video! Super weird. Nice work!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 01:47 am   Permalink

HAHA! One of the best event videos I've seen. I feel like I was there. ; )

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 07:50 am   Permalink

What's the great song in the background of that video? Who is the artist? Sounds like the Tavares band.....

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-31 07:50, lucas vigor wrote:
What's the great song in the background of that video? Who is the artist? Sounds like the Tavares band.....

Hahha, no, I think it was The Sylvers maybe The Osmonds ...
Anyway that was so stupid I laughed!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:16 am   Permalink

I am talking about the Hawaiian music.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 10:58 am   Permalink

Its "Tanga Tika" off of the album "Polynesian Percussion" by Chaino. One of my absolute favorites.

geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 11:44 am   Permalink

Thanks for identifying that song? I just got the album.

Chango and the Polynesians - Polynesian Percussion

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mahbookie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-31 12:07 pm   Permalink

Ummmm chrisandsarahb.
". . . I don't know who that other goof is"

Don't make me pull out the really bad pics.

View Profile of mahbookie Send a personal message to mahbookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-31 1:06 pm   Permalink

Who's got the pictures of the Rat Fink and Batman tatts? Post 'em if ya got 'em! Thanks!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 1:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-31 10:58, chrisandsarahb wrote:
Its "Tanga Tika" off of the album "Polynesian Percussion" by Chaino. One of my absolute favorites.

Are you 100% sure it's not the Polynesians?

The Polynesians were essentially a studio band with the Tavares brothers. (Also found on the Hukilau Hulas CD)

I can't find this album by Chaino on amazon, but these came up:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Tanga+Tika&x=16&y=16

Not to totally derail this thread, by the way,

here is some info I just found:

"DIRECTIONAL SOUND DS-5012 Chango (Chaino?) and the Polynesians. Polynesian Percussion. (According to the liner notes by Bob Freedman the artists on this LP are Chango and the Polynesians. However, on the record label it is Chaino and the Polynesians. Frequently marketed by record dealers as being by Chaino. Kirby Allan says it's not Chaino.)"

I don't know who Kirby Allen, is but I tend to agree with him. That song on the youtube clip immediately stood out as being in almost exactly the same style as the Polynesians.

[ This Message was edited by: lucas vigor 2010-03-31 13:50 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation