FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 8:07 pm   Permalink

the beginning...progress to come

Carpet Removed

Fireplace demolition (the kids wanted to help)

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2014-05-04 11:47 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-27 10:44 pm   Permalink

You are already starting with a nice A frame structure.......this is gonna get good!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 08:43 am   Permalink

Nice room to start with, will you leave the windows exposed or covered over?

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-28 09:19 am   Permalink

Derek, are you taking out the fireplace feature altogether , or just making a new, more tiki-style one?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 09:22 am   Permalink

great space man you can realy do a lot there .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 6:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your questions.. I didnt think anyone would bother to look at this since these are kinda pics of "nothing"...

Im going to replace all the windows in the room with newer energy efficient windows, Im removing the sliding glass door, Im having a large double french door installed where the fireplace was.

There wont be a fireplace in this room when its done. there is a really nice view out the back of the house (onto a tropical landscaped pool) but the former owner of my house had a view of BRICKS instead of their pool.

This will open up the back of the house and be a natural segue to the backyard area where my standalone tiki hut will be.

Thanks for looking. Im running phone line, cat5, and coaxial cable in the walls right now. The entire house will be connected to the LAN and thus I will be able to play the same music throughout the entire house without running speaker wire.

it should be cool

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-28 6:54 pm   Permalink

Looks like a nice large space, and as another poster said, the ceiling has lots of potential.
Good luck!

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-28 7:46 pm   Permalink

I love how this forum is inspiring folks. At first I thought...OMG don't demolish the fireplace, but replacing it with a tropical view of your yard...BRILLIANT!!! I enjoy watching the transformation from room to exotic lounge...fun.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-02 12:42 pm   Permalink

I really dig that Blue but I bet you won't keep it for your tiki room. Your blue room looks pretty close to my living room

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shaker
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-02 12:47 pm   Permalink

I've been wondering if you started this room yet! I hope you continue to post progress pics. You're a detailed craftsman, I'm sure the place will turn out amazing.

View Profile of Tiki Shaker Send a personal message to Tiki Shaker  Email Tiki Shaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ashman_atl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-02 6:04 pm   Permalink

This is going to be great. Awesome space... keep the pics coming!

View Profile of ashman_atl Send a personal message to ashman_atl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-05 8:58 pm   Permalink

Hey Derek, Your room reminds me a lot of ours here. Same vaulted ceiling except our beams are wood tone and the ceiling wasn't painted, it had the popcorn stuff so we covered it with reed fencing. That fireplace..woah, I thought ours was ugly!
Nice to see it go and it's great to see you getting the kids involved. I know you will kick this room into shape. After all, if you survived your Eagle scout project, you can do this easy!
If we were closer to each other I'd come over and give you a hand. Good Luck, keep the progress shots coming. 8FT

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 10:37 am   Permalink

Today Im removing more of the drywall so that the new Windows and Doors can be installed this week.

Running Cat5, Coax Cable and Phone line into the room for web, music, entertainment access. I still need to run my in wall speaker wire and decide on speaker placement in the room today.

These are the LowE double paned vinyl windows for the south wall. The LowE double paned Fiberglass double French Doors are sitting just outside the sliding glass door right now.

Just as when I ripped apart my old kitchen and get into the walls... I found critters. There were four dead birds inside the walls, and one dead rat.

For those of you who were wondering why I would rip out the fireplace... this is why. This will be the view when the french doors are installed

More to come....

kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 10:49 am   Permalink

Awesome view onto the pool. Hopefully the kids are old enough for you to rip out the fence. That would bring things to a whole new level!

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-07 11:26 am   Permalink

Very nice. You have a lot of work to do, but that's a great project to work on.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation