FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
The South Pacific Room-Vista,CA-updated 05/04/14
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 2:32 pm   Permalink

Holy cow bells, that's freakin' amazing work. I have talent envy, and router envy. You make using a router look easy (when I know it's not)!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-26 4:44 pm   Permalink

I ALWAYS look forward to seeing the updates that you post on this thread, Derek! Your place is really looking great! It's definitely an inspiration.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 12:23 am   Permalink

This guy is truly an artist.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-27 12:27 am   Permalink

What more can i say,Apart from do you want to come to England to do our bar?!!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-10-27 10:28 am   Permalink

Jesus H Christ Monkeyman, that is just amazing work. Having attempted using a router myself a few times, I'm really floored by the accuracy of your work.

Dang !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-10-27 11:03 am   Permalink

That's just simply GORGEOUS MonkeyDude!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 12:53 pm   Permalink

Thank you everyone for being so kind with your feedback.

Your comments really help me stay motivated to work on my tiki room and keep up with the other artists here.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-27 7:56 pm   Permalink

That looks fantastic, Derek!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-28 12:05 am   Permalink

You're a master with the color Derek. I love that look of muted color over dark stain... one of my favorite types of pieces to create.
It gives off such a cool vintage look.

I love the designs you've got going to. You've got great control with the router and that shows in the detail you're carving.
Great PNG designs... and PNG and color go hand in hand.

There is nothing more satisfying then creating pieces like these by hand. Machine aided, but no doubt carved by hand!

Love to see your updates, I'm in a bit of a lull lately myself and seeing this great new work has inspired me to get going again.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 10:17 pm   Permalink

Ive Built a mug shelf and moved in a tiki bar....

A few small changes but it continues to evolve.

Next is a roof over the bar.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2011-03-28 10:33 pm   Permalink

Beautiful!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MustangScott
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-03-28 11:01 pm   Permalink

Looks amazing. You do incredible work. Very talented!

View Profile of MustangScott Send a personal message to MustangScott  Goto the website of MustangScott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-03-28 11:03 pm   Permalink

Looking at that outstanding router work leaves me both amazed and downcast at the thought that I would never be able to come up with anything that good. Looks like I am going to have to try Plan B for my panels: paper mache anyone?

CN

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 1:19 pm   Permalink

Awesome!

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-29 2:20 pm   Permalink

Wow! Fantastic room. Love all the lamps.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation