FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
DavidAfshar

Posted: 2010-04-01 10:35 pm   Permalink

The Mai Tai 3000 has got to be one of the most intriguing and terrifying cocktails ever.

Seriously, I'm huddled under the bar at the moment, shivering. My rum-soaked brain does NOT know what to make of it! It is freaking me out, man!

View Profile of DavidAfshar Send a personal message to DavidAfshar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-02 09:18 am   Permalink

Did anyone notice this line? On the pages mentioning the Suffering Bastard (pg 92)

The Bum will devote a long chapter to Joe's [Scialom] life and "lost" recipes in his next book, Potions Of The Caribbean.

I hope it's true and not a joke. I'm enjoying this book!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-02 09:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-01 21:42, arriano wrote:
Hey, has anyone else noticed missing recipes in Remixed? I just got my copy today and noticed three recipes in a row from Intoxica are not there: Coconut Willie, Del Coronado and Demerara Dry Float.

I'd planned to give my Grog Log and Intoxica to a friend, but now I realize I'm going to have to go through them with a fine toothed comb to see if any other recipes have been left out.

It'd be interesting to know if this was an error or if the Bum meant to do this.

Speaking of the Demerara Dry Float, another exclusion appears to be the Gone the Beachcomber (Grog Log pg38).

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-02 4:00 pm   Permalink

I haven't gone through Grog Log yet, but last night I went through Intoxica and found 28 cocktail recipes missing from Remixed. I guess I misunderstood what Remixed was all about. I thought Berry was taking the contents of both Grog Log and Intoxica, making corrections as needed, and adding new recipes. I never knew that recipes were going to be removed.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2010-04-02 16:01 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-02 10:09 pm   Permalink

I'm about to order my second copy and take it to Kinko's for the spiral-bound mod.

I'm also happy to report my first spill onto the pages. It's officially a bar book now!

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-03 12:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-02 09:18, paranoid123 wrote:
Did anyone notice this line? On the pages mentioning the Suffering Bastard (pg 92)

The Bum will devote a long chapter to Joe's [Scialom] life and "lost" recipes in his next book, Potions Of The Caribbean.

Hey this might not be a joke at all! I noticed that the bum is hosting a seminar called International
Barman of Mystery: The Saga of Joe Scialom during Tales of the Cocktail this year. I think a new book IS in our future!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 5:56 pm   Permalink

I made a Kon Tiki Ti-Punch (pg. 202) from Belfast's Merchant Hotel tonight - the muddled guava jelly actually works in the drink. I'm trying their Little Polynesian next. Check out the bar's 57-page drink menu: http://www.themerchanthotel.com/html/bars/thebar.html
Anybody up for their $1,000 Mai Tai (made with 17-year Wray and Nephew rum)?

[ This Message was edited by: Shaun of theTiki 2010-04-04 18:05 ]

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-04 6:07 pm   Permalink

Got mine. Now I am fighting my Vegas cold to get the new recipes in the Grogalizer and turn you all loose to start sharing...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-05 06:03 am   Permalink

Regarding the "missing" recipes . . . my assumption would be that they needed no adjustment and were left alone.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2010-04-05 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-02 22:09, heylownine wrote:
I'm about to order my second copy and take it to Kinko's for the spiral-bound mod.

kevin

That is a great idea...I may do that too...thanks for the suggestion.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-04-05 08:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 08:40, VampiressRN wrote:
Quote:

kevin

You're gonna have to give credit to leisure master as well.

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 06:54, leisure master wrote:
OK, I could not take it anymore....

Since I knew my Amazon book is now on its way, the other night I tore apart my SLG version to see how it would work out spiral bound.

Result...? AWESOME!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 1:02 pm   Permalink

Making good progress. There are a bunch of ingredients that are for only one drink and I am just skipping those for now. Otherwise, I am just down to the last chapter. So, you who are reading this get the first peek at the new site and get to use it first.

Go here to see and use.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Savage Tiki

Posted: 2010-04-05 8:40 pm   Permalink

I just had mine spiral bound. I'm going to have it signed by the beachbum himself at Smuggler's Cove later this month. What has been said will be his only NorCal appearance. I'm kind of a tiki new-be but I know how valuable this opportunity will be for me.

Here's a question to those in the know. Should I get another one to have signed because the spiral bound ones stock value is gone or does it matter? Strictly speaking as an investment.

Personal Goal:
I'm working toards the need for a liver transplant.

View Profile of Savage Tiki Send a personal message to Savage Tiki  Email Savage Tiki Goto the website of Savage Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 20:40, Savage Tiki wrote:
I just had mine spiral bound. I'm going to have it signed by the beachbum himself at Smuggler's Cove later this month. What has been said will be his only NorCal appearance. I'm kind of a tiki new-be but I know how valuable this opportunity will be for me.

Here's a question to those in the know. Should I get another one to have signed because the spiral bound ones stock value is gone or does it matter? Strictly speaking as an investment.

Get it signed for you, not an investment. I really don't think it will make much a difference in the long run.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

heylownine

Posted: 2010-04-06 6:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 08:55, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-04-05 08:40, VampiressRN wrote:
Quote:

kevin

You're gonna have to give credit to leisure master as well.

Quote:

On 2010-03-26 06:54, leisure master wrote:
OK, I could not take it anymore....

Since I knew my Amazon book is now on its way, the other night I tore apart my SLG version to see how it would work out spiral bound.

Result...? AWESOME!

Totally, I grabbed the idea from the others on this thread.

I took it to Kinko's last night and they did it for $6 while I waited. It came out great. It took a little arm-twisting (I think the employee was reluctant to take responsibility should anything go awry, but I assured him it was fine) and 10 minutes later I was out the door. Book #2 for the shelf is en route from Amazon.

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation