FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 5:52 pm   Permalink

My copy just arrived. Had a quick flick through it and it looks awesome. Can't wait to read it properly. Have a few things to do today and then i'm going to get stuck into it when I get back home. I think I might get mine spiral bound though as well and buy another spare copy later.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 7:01 pm   Permalink

I got my copy spiral-bound yesterday at Kinko's for just six bucks - and now to use my new pineapple corer to make a Boo Loo in a pineapple.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 8:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-08 19:01, Shaun of theTiki wrote:
now to use my new pineapple corer to make a Boo Loo in a pineapple.

Let us know how it turns out! Can you post some photos?

Be sure to put a rating on Grogalizer, too, please!

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-13 1:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 06:03, GentleHangman wrote:
Regarding the "missing" recipes . . . my assumption would be that they needed no adjustment and were left alone.

Even so, I am quite disappointed because it doesn't say anywhere that lots of recipes are missing from Grog Log and Intoxica. The description just says "a completely revised and updated anthology of Grog Log and Intoxica!" and "featuring 107 additional recipes".

That means you can't buy REMIXED instead of GROG LOG and INTOXICA! - to get all recipes you need to have all three of them... which in my opinion is VERY annoying. That said, REMIXED is still a great book.

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-13 2:05 pm   Permalink

As I stated earlier, I was very surprised as well. And there's no explanation as to why the missing recipes were deleted -- Berry decided he didn't like them? He couldn't verify if they were the original recipes? He's saving them for a future book?

Besides the 28 missing from Intoxica, I think I counted 13 missing from Grog Log. 41 recipes is enough for a separate book. Maybe copy the missing recipes and spiral bind them as "The Lost Recipes."

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2010-04-13 14:09 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-14 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-13 14:05, arriano wrote:
As I stated earlier, I was very surprised as well. And there's no explanation as to why the missing recipes were deleted -- Berry decided he didn't like them? He couldn't verify if they were the original recipes? He's saving them for a future book?

Besides the 28 missing from Intoxica, I think I counted 13 missing from Grog Log. 41 recipes is enough for a separate book. Maybe copy the missing recipes and spiral bind them as "The Lost Recipes."

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2010-04-13 14:09 ]

What are some examples? Maybe they are in the public domain?

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Magnus
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-14 12:47 pm   Permalink

Since I don't own Intoxica, I used Grogalizer to find out which 28 recipes didn't make it to Remixed, googled them and actually found all recipes except for MAUI SUNRISE, PEQUOD PUNCH and PIÑA BANANA.

View Profile of Trader Magnus Send a personal message to Trader Magnus  Goto the website of Trader Magnus ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 08:16 am   Permalink

The Bum explains the mystery of the missing recipes on his latest blog entry.

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2010-04-18 09:51 am   Permalink

Following the example of Leisure Master and others here, I had my copy of Remixed spiral bound at Staples (no Kinkos around here) while I waited. It took less than 10 minutes and cost $1.00 for trimming (I asked that they trim as close as possible to the original spine) and $3.50 for black spiral binding. The result was awesome, a bit closer to the edge of the recipe contents than the technique employed by Leisure Master, but still no binding holes through them. Great suggestion...

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-19 5:46 pm   Permalink

For those of you who haven't seen the site yet, or those that haven't checked it out in a while, the latest podcast by Koop Kooper (#120) has an awesome interview with Beachbum Berry about his latest book Remixed.
Check it out here.

http://carelessnavigator.com/

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2010-04-20 03:27 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 2:40 pm   Permalink

I got my copy of "REMIXED" hand-delivered by my wife Naomi to Prague today! What a treat! OK, so I am a visualist more than a mixologist, but how come no one so far has cared to mention how ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS this new tome is. There is so much to see (AND mix), who cares what's "missing"!? The drink displays by JP Balak and Cass McClure are a fanciful feast for the eyes to behold, and seamlessly blend with the vintage menu illustrations. If anyone can resist the lure of a Tiki potion after these tempting treats, they have to be made of stone...or prefer to get stoned. Do not show this book to minors, it's seductive imagery may send them down the wrong track! (This is a compliment)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 9:12 pm   Permalink

I haven't seen it yet, but if its anywhere as cool looking as Sippin Safari,
then its got to be a great looking book.

need to get it and your cd soon.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-20 9:58 pm   Permalink

Has anybody found any of Basement Kahuna's Recipes in the Grogalizer yet? I must be missing some ingredients that he likes to use, because I haven't found any so far.

Jeff, the book looks a lot like Sippin' Safari, only even more pages and recipes. It is a real tour de force.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 08:37 am   Permalink

BK's recipes are there, trust me! Make sure you have it in your resources, not that it should matter as a default.

The images have some very over the top garnishes on them, that is for sure. Pay close attention.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-21 1:55 pm   Permalink

Jeff, the layout is definitely in the vein of Sippin Safari. I enjoy the way he grouped the different variations on a cocktail theme.

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation