FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Is there a Beachbum Berry Remixed Update?
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-03-17 5:18 pm   Permalink

Dan,

Thanks for the quick and considerate response. I agree with the Master of Leisure that most folks who buy Jeff's books are using it as a cocktail cookbook and would snatch up the recipie only "bar friendly" versions.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-17 7:55 pm   Permalink

I'd love a "bar friendly" version. Spiral bound and liquid-proof is the only way to go for those who use the books on a regular basis.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2010-03-17 8:02 pm   Permalink

Got my 4 copies in the mail 2 days ago. (I want to have extra copies this time for those friends who try my drinks and say "Dang! Where I can get recipes like this?) The book is so full of eye-candy ephemera that I can't wait to read through the whole thing. I've already scoped out a few of the new drinks to try this coming weekend.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 12:00 am   Permalink

Here is the Beachbum Berry Remixed Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LgVfZAlMk

I thought trailers were for movies. Is this the first in a new trend of trailers for books?

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-18 05:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-17 19:55, swizzle wrote:
I'd love a "bar friendly" version. Spiral bound and liquid-proof is the only way to go for those who use the books on a regular basis.

Harrumph. I agree completely.

That said, the book is another triumph from The Bum. Well worth the wait.

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 11:23 am   Permalink

I couldn't wait for Amazon either so I paid the extra cash and bought direct from SLG. Fast delivery and well packaged. Cheers.
This baby is going to get plenty of usage, much like my other Beachbum Bibles.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dood
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-22 08:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-17 16:50, leisure master wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-03-17 14:03, danslave wrote:
Possible. We went away from the spiral bound books because most bookstores do not want that kind of product.

Might be possible to do something on a limited basis, maybe a stripped down version of the books with only recipes in a encyclopedic style on paper that is coated and durable.

DV

Dan - you'll find a very receptive crowd for spiral-bound here - count me in for 3.

Count me in on that too. Actually I think you'd find that most cocktail people, not just tiki people, would love to have this book spiral bound - perhaps done the same way that Quarry Books did with the second edition of Ted Haigh's masterful Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails.

That book appears to be a hardcover, but with a spiral binding inside so that the book can be laid flat on a counter while you make the drink. It's incredibly useful, especially for drinks with lots and lots of ingredients.

Honestly I'd consider buying both versions of a book with history and recipes in it. The spiral-bound for making the drinks and the more standard binding for reading the history and stories behind the drinks.

View Profile of Dood Send a personal message to Dood  Goto the website of Dood     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 08:24 am   Permalink

We were just talking about how we miss that it isn't spiral bound Saturday night - it's hard to actually *use* this book "live" in the bar, as you'd have to break the binding to get it to lay flat so you can read it while mixing, then all the pages would fall out & that wouldn't be good.....

So, yes, for those who will actually do more than put it on their bookshelf to look nice, a spiral bound version would be WONDERFUL!!!!

Please, Please

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aloha.taboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 09:21 am   Permalink

It's not the most elegant, but in a pinch you could have Kinko's cut the binding off and then have them spiral bind it.

View Profile of aloha.taboo Send a personal message to aloha.taboo  Email aloha.taboo Goto the website of aloha.taboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-22 12:13 pm   Permalink

I wondered if I was the only one having the problem of 'using' this book. A cookbook holder works, (this is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Solutions-Jumbo-Cookbook-Holder/dp/B0000DE1MV/ref=pd_sbs_k_3 )but it's not really ideal if your bar has limited 'real estate' on top of it..
Quote:

On 2010-03-17 16:50, leisure master wrote:
Quote:

Possible. We went away from the spiral bound books because most bookstores do not want that kind of product.

Might be possible to do something on a limited basis, maybe a stripped down version of the books with only recipes in a encyclopedic style on paper that is coated and durable.

DV

Dan - you'll find a very receptive crowd for spiral-bound here - count me in for 3.

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rangda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-03-22 1:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I would happily buy the books over again for spiral bound copies, especially if the pages were coated.

View Profile of rangda Send a personal message to rangda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-22 6:58 pm   Permalink

Just got back from Oceanic Arts, they are selling the Remixed there $24.95, they have plenty.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 09:06 am   Permalink

Cancelled my Amazon and bought the SLG. Looking at the new Grogalizer going live very soon and want these recipes in there.

I also would like a more usable version. The font in Sippin is hard to read as it is and then you get in the bar... I end up picking my recipes in advance and writing notes.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 12:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-22 12:13, TeeKeeMan wrote:
I wondered if I was the only one having the problem of 'using' this book. A cookbook holder works, (this is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Solutions-Jumbo-Cookbook-Holder/dp/B0000DE1MV/ref=pd_sbs_k_3 )but it's not really ideal if your bar has limited 'real estate' on top of it..

I have seen just plastic ones of those for probably way cheaper.

http://www.acrylichomedesign.com/shop/AHD-HUA-H-268.html

Jeff(btd)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2010-03-23 12:55 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-23 1:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-03-22 13:07, rangda wrote:
Quote:

I would happily buy the books over again for spiral bound copies, especially if the pages were coated.

With the new book you have the information wonderfully and beautifully presented for your bar. Which means that you can now beat the crap our of your grog log (if it hasn't been already). Use the Grog Log on the bar, present Remixed to company.

Win-Win! Or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation