FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-17 11:00 am   Permalink

Slacks, the place is lookin amazing! how are those teleportation pods comin so i can get up there for a drink and a mug?

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 6:42 pm   Permalink

Tikiwahine & family passing through Calgary this weekend was an excuse for Alberta TC Ohana to gather at the fabulous Kanaloa Lounge.

L to R: Yours truly, Slacks Ferret, Tikiwahine & Logan, Mr. & Mrs. Brandomoai, Tiki A. Moaikingbird.

with the addition of Mr. Tikiwahine (DrunkenMunkey if I remember correctly) & Jasmine (asleep, not shy).

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-25 7:29 pm   Permalink

We had a great time, and the bar looks even more amazing in person! Thanks for hosting, Slacks!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-07-26 08:38 am   Permalink

T'was great to have you folks over. Good to see Tikiwahine again (and meet her husband and little ones) and to finally meet Brandomoai (and his Mrs.). Gary and Mike...not so much. I keed I keed!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-27 9:43 pm   Permalink

Holy hell, slacks. I'd seen your progress pics over the years and now I am totally blown away by how beautiful your home bar is! Your pics during the construction really showcase the amount of work you put into your hideaway and your artistic eye to the attention to detail and placement of your collections. (that mural is AMAZING!). Totally awesome. Like everyone has said, there is so much tikiness that emanates from the pictures, I can only imagine how impressive it must be in person.

Very inspiring, to say the least!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kapu Kai in Hi-Fi

Posted: 2011-08-25 6:29 pm   Permalink

Holy WOW!

What an amazing project. I've begun gathering ideas for a home bar project and yours is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

The painting of the concrete floor is brilliant. Do you find the floor too cold (I'm assuming it's in the basement)?

View Profile of Kapu Kai in Hi-Fi Send a personal message to Kapu Kai in Hi-Fi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 10:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2011-08-25 18:29, Kapu Kai in Hi-Fi wrote:
Do you find the floor too cold (I'm assuming it's in the basement)?

Good question.

Sometimes, yes. My basement is a cooler space than the rest of the house. I get around it by wearing slippers. Guests have to suffer through it, or until they get to the bamboo rug. I've been considerin' having cheap guest slippers (Not flip flops) with a beach-y theme, but I haven't really found any that slip-on that would suit my vision yet.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-30 7:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting Slacks, your bar is truly amazing & a wonderful inspiration!

Thank you so much for hosting a wonderful evening! Logan's 'new' Happy Apple is one of his favorite toys

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-21 8:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Folks. Just wanted to add a few photos of the new "A-Frame-like" entrance and the bamboo curtain that runs along the hallway to the entrance of the Kanaloa Lounge:

This is the same bamboo-print curtain the MadDogMike alerted me towards in another thread.

There's still a bunch o' work to be done on the "entrance experience" to the lounge (gawd... that sounds kinda lame), but these were two large projects towards getting to the goal.

Mahalla fer lookin'

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-24 12:01 am   Permalink

Sweeeeet!!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 12:50 am   Permalink

Such an awesome home bar!!! Well done, it was worth all the effort you put in. Very inspiring!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 05:52 am   Permalink

niiice, slax!

you know, you could run a floor heating coil on the floor and pour a topping slab over it - or just put down sand ;D

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 08:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-30 05:52, Johnny Dollar wrote:
niiice, slax!

you know, you could run a floor heating coil on the floor and pour a topping slab over it - or just put down sand ;D

Thanks J$!

True about the floor, but it's really not an issue for me. The basement is pretty well insulated. I find it's perfectly acceptable/livable, even in the dead of Winter. Stone (concrete) gets cold, y'know?

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 08:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-30 00:50, harro wrote:
Such an awesome home bar!!! Well done, it was worth all the effort you put in. Very inspiring!

Thanks Harro! You've motivated me to post a few new pics soon! Hello!

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-30 10:49 am   Permalink

Holy moly, what a bar!

I'll just chime in and repeat what everyone has said. Magnificient work! I am in awe. Makes me want to strive to do 1/10 as good with our bar.

The entrance is great too! Love the A frame.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation