FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
JamesDanger

Posted: 2013-03-09 5:56 pm   Permalink

Slacks,
I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but wow, great job man. Fantastic work! You've got my wheels turning now after seeing your inovations. Truley awe inspiring!

View Profile of JamesDanger Send a personal message to JamesDanger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-09 7:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks for a close up of that ceramic bamboo lamp...very nice!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-09 9:02 pm   Permalink

Seeing your tiki palace makes the mug you gave us that much more special. Wonderful place, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 07:45 am   Permalink

im stealing your lava idea and finishing my water feature!!! thanks and oh I may just do my patio the same as your floor too!!! my fav tiki bar to date!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 10:00 am   Permalink

Dig.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bender_Rodriguez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 11:54 am   Permalink

Friggin' AMAZING.

View Profile of Bender_Rodriguez Send a personal message to Bender_Rodriguez  Goto the website of Bender_Rodriguez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 4:20 pm   Permalink

Now that's what I calls a tiki bar!!! Hot damn pour me a Mai Tai and wax my surfboard I'll be there shortly.

Congrats on the truly great work.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 10:02 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind replies. I spend far too much time thinking about this room so it's nice to know some folks appreciate my efforts.

Here are a few more updates:

I was inspired to paint the wooden mouldings around my window and on my floor base-boards after having seen how well it worked for Polynesian Pop (among others). Apologies for the crappy iPhone photos:

Added another shelf for mugs above my Witco Outrigger:

And I'm changing the face of the tiki that sits over my TV set. I hated how boxy it was. I also think the finish was all wrong. This is still in progress:

That's all for now!

Mahalo fer lookin'

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

That looks way better already!

cool

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 11:40 am   Permalink

very very cool!!!!
Is that a WITCO outrigger wall art I see?? its gorgeous

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Masher88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-25 5:57 pm   Permalink

Your bar is amazing! I have a question. Where did you run your hanging lamp cords to get power to them and how did you hide the wires?

View Profile of Masher88 Send a personal message to Masher88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-25 6:23 pm   Permalink

Outstanding. I have always loved the bar/moon painting/lava rock bar corner too, but this with the "shipwrecked" planks, door frames, lights and tiki realia is awesome. Your home bar/relaxation zone is a home run! I think I would spend quite a bit of time in there!!

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2013-05-25 18:24 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-25 7:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks Polynesiac! And right back atcha! Your Inspiration Point tiki room/ workspace is awesomely amazing! I think I could spend a lot of time in there just getting lost in the details. It is worthy of it's moniker!

Quote:

On 2013-05-25 17:57, Masher88 wrote:
Your bar is amazing! I have a question. Where did you run your hanging lamp cords to get power to them and how did you hide the wires?

Thanks for the compliment Masher88. And to answer your question; since I designed the room from scratch, I made sure I had electrical outlets installed high up near the ceiling that I could control with the flick of a switch. You know that triple switch in behind the bar and under the mural? The one I covered with a photo of bamboo? That's the switch that operates the hanging lamps. I've also made many of my lamps to have shorter chains so they aren't super obvious. But "hiding wires" is something that I have thought long about, and still could do a lot better.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Masher88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-26 05:47 am   Permalink

Thanks, Slacks! Again, your place is so creative. You really have great vision.

View Profile of Masher88 Send a personal message to Masher88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 1:23 pm   Permalink

Me like

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation