FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Kanaloa Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
The Kanaloa Lounge
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 2:41 pm   Permalink

Great room, my Tiki Brother!

Great idea on the floors. Had my doubts when you 1st started it, but you pulled it off. Total Bad Ass!

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 09:47 am   Permalink

Slacks, I hope you and yours made it through the floods unscathed.

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 3:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dagg! Yes, we were among the lucky ones. It's amazing how much devastation has occured to the neighbourhoods near the rivers and in our downtown core. I was just out to see the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion play on Thursday evening and then just hours later (where we were seeing them play downtown) everything seemed liked it was under water. But thankfully, since we're uphill and a few miles from the river, the Kanaloa lounge (and the rest of my house) is dry.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 4:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-24 15:04, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Thanks Dagg! Yes, we were among the lucky ones. It's amazing how much devastation has occured to the neighbourhoods near the rivers and in our downtown core. I was just out to see the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion play on Thursday evening and then just hours later (where we were seeing them play downtown) everything seemed liked it was under water. But thankfully, since we're uphill and a few miles from the river, the Kanaloa lounge (and the rest of my house) is dry.

Good to hear, the images on the news were/are incredible! CBC is saying it could take 10 years to rebuild! crazy....

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-21 7:22 pm   Permalink

Some updates on the ol' tiki face that sits on the wall-mounted flat screen:

I was really tired of looking at the boxy Version 1.0...so I changed it. I also went against my own advice and ended up making the whole thing about 10 lbs. heavier in the process.

Above is the TV cover with added foam & drywall paste (that's where most of the added weight comes from).

Above it is painted & finished (for now). I like it a lot better!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-21 7:38 pm   Permalink

It scares me. Tell your kids it'll eat them if they don't do their chores (that ought to screw them up for life).

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-21 9:05 pm   Permalink

"Fire in the Hole"

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-23 6:03 pm   Permalink

Great googly-moogly! I love your bar! What a killer way to blend your TV into the room. You, sir, are quite the clever one!!!

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 10:40 am   Permalink

I wanted to hide the stereo, PVR and DVD player (see them sticking out like a sore thumb in my last photo post), so I devised a plan to hide them in a barrel I scored off of Kijiji:

Finding the barrel for a decent price wasn't easy, but it was easier than converting it into a cupboard. I found instructions that were very helpful off the inter-webs.

I'm liking this a lot better now. I just need to get more crates (and small barrels) to help stage this area.

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-19 10:48 am   Permalink

Great job! Looks awesome.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-21 3:14 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good, as per usual!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-21 7:33 pm   Permalink

Very clever and it looks just perfect.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-22 10:32 pm   Permalink

INGENIOUS!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-03 11:04 am   Permalink

Thanks for the nice replies folks! Here's a few more updates:

I also wanted to hide the record player, and give the LP's a place of their own. Oh sure, the LP's already had a spot in the old record rack, but that thing was kind of lame to use (and a bit off-theme).
Here's a crate I made to hide those components:

And remember that water fountain I threatened you with? I think it's almost done now. Here's a peek at where it's at so far:

Mahalo for lookin'

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-03 6:09 pm   Permalink

Hey! I just realized I just passed the 10 year mark on TC! Hooray for me!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation